Help me with airflow

Milvydas
Go to solution Solved by SleathX1,

Welcome to LinusTechTips! Remember to follow your topics so you get our replies!

Well you're not going to get the best of airflow because of the case, but adding fans will definitely help out. Make the one that has the "vortex" thing on the side panel be an intake fan and have an exhaust fan in the back. That's the best that you can do in that case.

Hey guys, im plannin on buying 2 case fans, both 80mm. Can you help me with the orientation of those? I marked out the positions where i can add them. I have no additional fans in the case at the moment.

http://imgur.com/a/pgGTb

Hey guys, im plannin on buying 2 case fans, both 80mm. Can you help me with the orientation of those? I marked out the positions where i can add them. I have no additional fans in the case at the moment.

http://imgur.com/a/pgGTb

Try to use one fan in the front as intake if possible and one in the back as outtake so the air will flow through the case in from the front and out in the back.

One should bring air in the front and one should exhaust in the back ideally, but your case looks awful and can't mount one in the front. Either deal with it or mod it.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Welcome to LinusTechTips! Remember to follow your topics so you get our replies!

Well you're not going to get the best of airflow because of the case, but adding fans will definitely help out. Make the one that has the "vortex" thing on the side panel be an intake fan and have an exhaust fan in the back. That's the best that you can do in that case.

|  Athlon 750K   |   EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW  |  Acer Aspire E15 - i5 6200u, 940M  |

|  Sennheiser HD 518   |   FiiO E10K DAC and Amp  |

Moto G (1st Gen)

Haha, thanks, but isnt it bad to put a fan infront of a fan?

That's one ugly case. Put one in the front and one in the back.

amnerd  B) Linux enthusiast. 

• CPU: Intel i5 4690k @3.5ghz  Motherboard: MSI U3 Plus Z97 GPU: Radeon R9 270x 2gb OC HDD: WD Green 3tb SDDs: Samsung 120gb, Kingston V300 120gb Case: Fractal Design Define R5 PSU: Corsair V650 Fans: Corsair AF14 x4 CPU cooler: Hyper 212 EVO (Upgrading soon)     

That's one ugly case. Put one in the front and one in the back.

Yep, you gotta give me props for even showing it here  :D

Yep, you gotta give me props for even showing it here  :D

Must be very shameful. I feel bad for you, I will buy you a Define R5.

amnerd  B) Linux enthusiast. 

• CPU: Intel i5 4690k @3.5ghz  Motherboard: MSI U3 Plus Z97 GPU: Radeon R9 270x 2gb OC HDD: WD Green 3tb SDDs: Samsung 120gb, Kingston V300 120gb Case: Fractal Design Define R5 PSU: Corsair V650 Fans: Corsair AF14 x4 CPU cooler: Hyper 212 EVO (Upgrading soon)