Itx CAD Build

NerdNinja

hey guys, so my friend is in need of a pc. And I've convinced him to let me build it!

I've had this planned out for a while but since he will be doing a lot of 3d work I think he might want a different processor. Thing is he doesn't have that much cash. I'd like to keep the build at the 600-700 range. But more towards the 600 mark.

Things that can't really change are the gpu (he's buying it from me for $150) and the itx form factor. He really wants the ssd though. Other than that I think that's it. So here you guys go! Work your magic!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WHNtFT

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

hey guys, so my friend is in need of a pc. And I've convinced him to let me build it!

I've had this planned out for a while but since he will be doing a lot of 3d work I think he might want a different processor. Thing is he doesn't have that much cash. I'd like to keep the build at the 600-700 range. But more towards the 600 mark.

Things that can't really change are the gpu (he's buying it from me for $150) and the itx form factor. He really wants the ssd though. Other than that I think that's it. So here you guys go! Work your magic!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WHNtFT

Yeah god no to that Processor if youre going to be doing CAD work.

Will need an i5 atleast, an i7 if he thinks he will be doing lots of rendering ect.

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

Get a Western Digital HDD, trust me.

If you need proof, I've used two Seagate HDDs, 1st was in my sisters laptop, from 2010 or so. It was slow as hell so I formatted it, defragged it, still slow as shit. Unusable. I bought an SSHD for my Dads laptop, it's slower than my 150gb WD from 2005.

Also, like @Nonco said, that G3258 won't enjoy CAD. I'd try for at least an i5 4440, or an FX 8320

Nerdninja,

Depending on what type of 3D work he is doing will be a huge factor on the type of system he needs. What kinds of software it your friend planning on using?

Nerdninja,

Depending on what type of 3D work he is doing will be a huge factor on the type of system he needs. What kinds of software it your friend planning on using?

Nothing like animation. Mainly inventor and some Mudbox. Both are autodesk programs

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

Nothing like animation. Mainly inventor and some Mudbox. Both are autodesk programs

NerdNinja,

For those type of applications higher core speed is your biggest factor. One thing I'd be curious about is if the stock heat sink will fit and get enough airflow underneath that power supply. For myself I would adjust some things just from a usability standpoint (i5/multiple cores for better multitasking and multi monitor like Chrome and video playback while rendering), but you are not looking at a major constraint on any components necessarily. Also for CAD having an SSD and storing your projects on an SSD is a huge performance increase.

Hope this helps.