How to play old console with HDMI Monitor?

via

Yes, it should work, but you will not be getting any kind of High Def output. The monitor will make it look more crisp and better than an old CRT, but PS1s didn't have HD capabilities so it will only output a resolution that it was designed with at the time.

CPU: i5-4690K | Mobo: ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury

DDR3-1866 4x4GB | Boot: Samsung 860 Evo 250GB | Storage: Seagate Barracuda Green 1.5TB | GPU: Asus GTX 970 Strix 2xSLI | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Case: Antec Nine Hundred

http://www.amazon.com/Etekcity%C2%AE-Composite-Converter-Upscaler-High-definition/dp/B00MNFWYBI/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1436841095&sr=8-8&keywords=component+to+hdmi would be a better option.  You need the PS1 comp cable/s to connect to this aka the RCA.  Then you need an HDMI cable to hook up from the tv or monitor to the box on the other side.

Okay yeah thats a better option. Because the cord he was looking at had the green/blue HD RCA cables, should work, but its better to go with what you found. Plus, it will act as an extension!!

CPU: i5-4690K | Mobo: ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury

DDR3-1866 4x4GB | Boot: Samsung 860 Evo 250GB | Storage: Seagate Barracuda Green 1.5TB | GPU: Asus GTX 970 Strix 2xSLI | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Case: Antec Nine Hundred

EVGA GTX 970 - i5 4460 - Enthoo Pro M

No, it won't work.  The PS1 doesn't have an HDMI slot built in.  And, those are male components.  You need a converter box like I posted, and HDMI cable, and the RCA/Component cable for the PS1.

I was just saying, I didn't/don't know if a PS1 had female RCA connectors in the back, I was assuming he would plug the RCA connectors in the back and run the HDMI end to the monitor. I know they didnt have those back then, I even said it in my post.

yes. wait. no. Idk. the one tat has the PS1 slot on it! the original that came with it. I dont know if ps2 and ps1 are compatible

Here's one for like $0.01 USD

Ya, but almost 8 in shipping.  xD

That's how they Getchya!! ;)

Oh okay cool! haha.. I grew up Xbox soo.. I just know how those look and what they are compatible with (not much) and how they connect and stuff.