Key Upgraded From?

Charger

Ok so I was wondering if there was anyway to find out what key my windows 8 upgrade used to install? I had 2 different installs of windows on my hard driver before I installed windows 8. I didn't upgrade one of the installs instead i formatted  a windows xp partition and installed windows 8 as a clean install. It never asked what key i was upgrading from. It is a windows 8 pro upgrade from around when it first came out at retail stores when they didn't make it clear that it was an upgrade.

Any ways I'm about at the point of doing a repair install on it because its messed up since i ran amd's driver uninstall utility and would like to know what key i upgraded from in case it wants to know that when i do the repair. as it is windows tells me it's a good activation even tough i never entered anything other then the windows 8 key so I have to assume it took it from one of the installs i just don't know what install.

It doesn't matter what you upgraded from.  Windows product keys don't "transfer" in any way, the only key Windows 8 cares about is the Windows 8 key.  Windows simply does a one-time check at install time to see whether a previous install of Windows was on the drive (though that's easy enough to get around anyway).

A clean install still counts as an upgrade as long as some version of Windows was on the drive already.  So that's why it activated with no issues.

So basically, go ahead and do whatever repair stuff you want to do, and don't worry about any keys. ;)

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro