Minecraft 1.8.7 Massive stuttering

orangecat

i decided to play some Minecraft but there's a big problem with stuttering. I gave the game all of my system memory to see if that would stop the lag but even with 1GB allocated it was stuttering hardcore when it reached the maximum amount of memory. Also when i watch the ingame memory counter it just seems to fill non stop.

Is there something wrong with the latest update?

Also i haven't played in a long time so i'm not sure what all has changed.

i decided to play some Minecraft but there's a big problem with stuttering. I gave the game all of my system memory to see if that would stop the lag but even with 1GB allocated it was stuttering hardcore when it reached the maximum amount of memory. Also when i watch the ingame memory counter it just seems to fill non stop.

Is there something wrong with the latest update?

Also i haven't played in a long time so i'm not sure what all has changed.

What's your specs?

my game stops at around 3.6GB of ram

why kind of shitty computer are you using that only has 1GB?did you really expect to play anything more than minesweeper with it?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

You should never give any progran all of your computer's memory.

Do a clean install (uninstall Minecraft and then delete the ".minecraft" folder) and see if it works.

my game stops at around 3.6GB of ram

why kind of shitty computer are you using that only has 1GB?did you really expect to play anything more than minesweeper with it?

My PC isn't shitty, I have 8GB of ram but you can tell minecraft6 how much it's allowed to use.

You should never give any progran all of your computer's memory.

Do a clean install (uninstall Minecraft and then delete the ".minecraft" folder) and see if it works.

I just installed it clean yesterday there's nothing wrong with my install.

My PC isn't shitty, I have 8GB of ram but you can tell minecraft6 how much it's allowed to use.

you said you gave it "all of your system memory" and that with "even with 1GB of ram it was stuttering"

so why did you say you gave it all of your memory if you have 8GB?

1GB is less than 8GB

allocate 4GB to it and see what happens

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

you said you gave it "all of your system memory" and that with "even with 1GB of ram it was stuttering"

so why did you say you gave it all of your memory if you have 8GB?

1GB is less than 8GB

allocate 4GB to it and see what happens

Sorry I realize now I shoudl have worded that differently. I have 8Gb of ram and even when it was able to sue all 8Gb it lagged so i put it back at the default/recommended value of 1GB and it was even worse.