Twitch Streamer Lirik raises more than 42k in a 24h stream for "Doctors without Borders"

HellHunter

One of the biggest Twitch-Streamers Lirik held a 24 hour charity-stream, because he achieved a 1000 "subscriber-train" on last sunday.

He later let his community vote for the charity organisation the community would donate to. The clear winner was "Doctors without Borders".

The initial goal was set at "only" $20.000 USD, to which he jokingly said, if it wasn't reached, he would stop streaming for ever.

In the first hour, his stream already raised more than $5.000 USD and the goal was reached in just under 12 hours.

The end amount was at $43.406 USD(42.406 from the community + 1.000 from Lirik), but if you wish you can still donate HERE until monday, where he will then donate the money to Doctors without Borders on stream.

I, for the most part, really did enjoy the event and donated myself. It's awesome to see big personalities, like Lirik, use their position for a good cause.

65b361241cad29f19e56eacf282dd958.png

Big streamers always seem to blow past their goals when doing these charity streams.

It's awesome of them nonetheless :)

Last years Yogscast stream donated some money to that charity as well.

Also known as, Medicines Sans Frontiers.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

I personally follow him on Twitch and I don't see why some people dislike them for the amount they gather

I personally follow him on Twitch and I don't see why some people dislike them for the amount they gather

I don't get it either. Some people just like to hate on everything, even on charity events.