Help with tablet shopping.

orcinhell

Hi guys. so i frequent these forums, and have learnt a lot when it comes to PC hardware but when it comes to tablets I am lost, I don't know how much power you need, ram... What is needed for surfing the web...

I currently use a Intel NUC. I bought it for movies and YouTube but honestly I hardly watch movies in my bedroom anymore so I want to move my nuc into my TV room as a all in one box type setup and get myself a decent tablet for YouTube and basic surfing. It will be plugged in to a power source and never leave the house as I have my phone for that type of stuff. I think getting an  iPad or Galaxy would be a waste, 500 dollars on a small screen to watch YouTube on is a bit much.

So what should I be looking at? They come in so many forms these days with OS and hardware but are there general guidelines to follow? As for what I am looking for, its as I said, YouTube and basic surfing being somewhat snappy. It does not have to be lighting but smooth playing video's and snappy enough I don't want to ram a fork into my eye when using it... little extreme but I had one when they first came out it was 150 dollars and a nightmare to use, for obvious reasons, and a waste because it just sat there.

Thanks for any advice

Edit: I found a cheap refurbished apple iPad 1st gen on a site I regularly buy parts off so I trust them for only 180 dollars with a discount worth it?

Nexus 7 2013

I use mine predominantly to watch Youtube videos in bed prior to falling asleep.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

are you a gamer? nvidia shield tablet maybe?

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Nexus 7 or Nvidia shield almost anything from a reputable brand will do these days.

Hi guys. so i frequent these forums, and have learnt a lot when it comes to PC hardware but when it comes to tablets I am lost, I don't know how much power you need, ram... What is needed for surfing the web...

I currently use a Intel NUC. I bought it for movies and YouTube but honestly I hardly watch movies in my bedroom anymore so I want to move my nuc into my TV room as a all in one box type setup and get myself a decent tablet for YouTube and basic surfing. It will be plugged in to a power source and never leave the house as I have my phone for that type of stuff. I think getting an  iPad or Galaxy would be a waste, 500 dollars on a small screen to watch YouTube on is a bit much.

So what should I be looking at? They come in so many forms these days with OS and hardware but are there general guidelines to follow? As for what I am looking for, its as I said, YouTube and basic surfing being somewhat snappy. It does not have to be lighting but smooth playing video's and snappy enough I don't want to ram a fork into my eye when using it... little extreme but I had one when they first came out it was 150 dollars and a nightmare to use, for obvious reasons, and a waste because it just sat there.

Thanks for any advice

Edit: I found a cheap refurbished apple iPad 1st gen on a site I regularly buy parts off so I trust them for only 180 dollars with a discount worth it?

new rumored tegra x1 tablet..coming in the fall

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Thanks yea, I cannot seem to find any nexus 7 tablets...

I have read up on the HP tablets and seem to be good for just the basics. I do game but honestly the nvidia shield seems overkill. YouTube and basic surfing is literal it... even for books I already have a ereader. Anything else and no matter how fast the tablet is I would find it cumbersome and go to my PC anyway as I prefer KB&M.