Reserving WIndows 10

nicholician
Go to solution Solved by nicholician,

So after multiple bouts of windows updates, a day later the little windows icon showed up and I've reserved :)

I had reserved Windows 10 before, but I had to reinstall Windows. I did all the windows updates and it seems like I'm up to date. The only update available is for Skype which simply isn't happening.

Unfortunately, I don't see the little windows icon in my system tray that allows me to do this. How can I reserve windows 10 now?

Useful threads: Code of Conduct || Unofficial LTT Beginners Guide || Forum FAQ

CPU: Intel Core i5 4440 GPU: GTX 760 MOBO: Asrock Z97 Anniversary RAM: 8GB Adata @ 1600 Mhz Case: Define R4 SSD: Kingston V300 128 GB

HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda NAS: 3TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID 1 PSU: EVGA 600B (600W 80+ Bronze) Display: LG 23MP75 (1080p IPS @ 60hz) 

I think it's tied to your MS account. Can't really remember.

I had reserved Windows 10 before, but I had to reinstall Windows. I did all the windows updates and it seems like I'm up to date. The only update available is for Skype which simply isn't happening.

Unfortunately, I don't see the little windows icon in my system tray that allows me to do this. How can I reserve windows 10 now?

if you reserved you got an email, check that email. Anyways, i would be greatful to not have that annoying icon there running in the background. I have to go into to task manager and end it every time i boot up.

if you reserved you got an email, check that email. Anyways, i would be greatful to not have that annoying icon there running in the background. I have to go into to task manager and end it every time i boot up.

Because it uses like 2mb ram... you can just press windows+r and then type in msconfig, there you can disable startup processes

Because it uses like 2mb ram... you can just press windows+r and then type in msconfig, there you can disable startup processes

its the icon thats most annoying... its like having two start buttons lol

I think it's tied to your MS account. Can't really remember.

I thought so, but I also thought it was tied to your PC too

CPU: Intel Core i5 4440 GPU: GTX 760 MOBO: Asrock Z97 Anniversary RAM: 8GB Adata @ 1600 Mhz Case: Define R4 SSD: Kingston V300 128 GB

HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda NAS: 3TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID 1 PSU: EVGA 600B (600W 80+ Bronze) Display: LG 23MP75 (1080p IPS @ 60hz) 

I know, and I've read the FAQ. However, the only reason I care is because those with a reservation will be getting the update first since it will be rolling out in waves and I want it as soon as I can get my hands on it.

The reserve icon is just a gimmick to remind people to upgrade, reserving doesnt affect anything in terms of the upgrade itself.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

The reserve icon is just a gimmick to remind people to upgrade, reserving doesnt affect anything in terms of the upgrade itself.

It preloads it...

Try running this script. https://www.dropbox.com/s/0u0au9xgy6ss18p/win10fix_full.zip?dl=0

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Why do I not trust these things...

So after multiple bouts of windows updates, a day later the little windows icon showed up and I've reserved :)

Why do I not trust these things...

It is a batch file, you can right-click and view the source code. Also, it was posted on a thread on Microsoft Answers by a Trusted Advisor.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.