Define R4

Hey guys . I'm looking to watercool this case . 

My only question is can it support 240 rad on the top , 140 in the front(top) because the bottom are the drive cages ?

Can I mount thick rads ?

There's actually a surprising amount of air available to the front fans in the R4. There's a huge amount of ventilation out of each side of the case to allow those fans to breathe :)

By top did he mean above the bottom drive cage but below the 5.25" bays? 

By top did he mean above the bottom drive cage but below the 5.25" bays? 

Yes . Above the drive cages and below the 5.25" bays .

You can get a 30mm thick 240mm rad into the top, but you have to mount it in the 140mm fan holes and also have to screws going through the actual perforation holes so you can mount it closer to the side of the case to avoid clearance issues with ram etc :)

Also you can remove the bottom hard drive cage from the front too quite easily. The front takes a 240mm rad out of the box or with some simple modding you can get a 280mm rad in there :)

For the bottom . I have a hdd , so I have to use the bottom drive bays , can I mount a rad on place below the 2.25" bays and above the drive cages ?

Ah, then your shouldn't have a problem. I though you meant in place of the 5.25" bays.

The drive bays won't interfere with the rad right ?

I don't think so. You could always Dremel out a small piece of the bay if push comes to shove.

You can't have the front because there won't really be any airflow, everything else should fit though.

It's not that, it's the fact that it doesn't have the mounts for it. I'd imagine it could be modded though.

I don't think you could fit a 140.2 radiator in the top due to motherboard clearance issues. A 120mm radiator about the thickness of the H100i's should work fine, though.

Which drive bays? The 3.5/2.5" cages can be removed using just a screwdriver, though I think the 5.25" bays would require dremeling.

It's not that, it's the fact that it doesn't have the mounts for it. I'd imagine it could be modded though.

I don't think you could fit a 140.2 radiator in the top due to motherboard clearance issues. A 120mm radiator about the thickness of the H100i's should work fine, though.

So a 240 rad cannot be fitted into the top ? 

Which drive bays? The 3.5/2.5" cages can be removed using just a screwdriver, though I think the 5.25" bays would require dremeling.

Planning to mount a 140 rad above the bottom 3.5 drive cages and below the 5.25" bays . 

It sure can. I have a 240mm in the roof of my R4 though I had to slightly modify mine. This was ONLY due to my Z77 Sabertooth and its high plastic moldings.

People put H100s in the roof of R4s all the time.

Planning to mount a 140 rad above the bottom 3.5 drive cages and below the 5.25" bays . 

The Define R4 doesn't natively support any 140mm radiators in the front, as far as I know.

A 240 (120.2) radiator can fit in the top, as I said earlier. You may need to offset it like I did with my H100i, but that's not much of an issue.

How thick will each radiator be?

It sure can. I have a 240mm in the roof of my R4 though I had to slightly modify mine. This was ONLY due to my Z77 Sabertooth and its high plastic moldings.

People put H100s in the roof of R4s all the time.

My mobo is an ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 ? I think I have to do the same modding that you did . 

It can be done with some very simple mods :) I had a 280 in my old R4

Yes, that's why I said natively.  ;)

A 240 (120.2) radiator can fit in the top, as I said earlier. You may need to offset it like I did with my H100i, but that's not much of an issue.

How thick will each radiator be?

How thick do you recommend it to be ?

My mobo is an ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 ? I think I have to do the same modding that you did .

I doubt it. Just offsetting it should be enough. You will only be able to go for a thin radiator though most likely... Have a peak at my water cooled R4 in the build log section if you're interested in what I had to do to get mine to fit. Though this is being changed again shortly :)

This was ONLY due to my Z77 Sabertooth and its high plastic moldings.

My Rampage IV Formula didn't fit without an offset either. I think that most motherboards will have clearance issues with the 4 pin/EPS connector regardless of tall heatsinks, etc. Not that it's a big deal since the offset is very simple to do.

The Define R4 doesn't natively support any 140mm radiators in the front, as far as I know.

How about 120 ? 

I doubt it. Just offsetting it should be enough. You will only be able to go for a thin radiator though most likely... Have a peak at my water cooled R4 in the build log section if you're interested in what I had to do to get mine to fit. Though this is being changed again shortly :)

EDIT : Found it . :D 

How about 120 ? 

Yes, a 120.2 ~27mm thick radiator should fit in the top and (apparently) a 120.2 60mm thick radiator in the front, without any modding required (except potentially having to offset the top radiator).