Hyperx Cloud 2 hiss

WannaSPOON

This may likely be answered somewhere, but I am on my way out the door and can't look.  I've noticed on softer sounds, such as dialogue in videos or quieter music have quite a hiss on the Cloud 2s plugged into the USB DAC that comes with it.  I love the headphones and I know they're pretty good for other uses and when plugged in directly to a 3.5mm port, but the USB hiss drives me crazy at times.  I've tried most of the fixes I've found on Google short of sending in for a new USB adapter.  Does anyone know of a way to fix this or is it the curse of a shitty DAC?

I'm about to buy the first cloud but is this problem also on the first cloud?

Any reason you're using the dongle? It's crap, so...don't.

Well, don't you need to use the dongle in order to use the mic on this headset? What other options are there, aside from buying a separate mic?

I'm about to buy the first cloud but is this problem also on the first cloud?

No, as the first cloud does not have a USB dongle.

@OP, why on earth would you use a USB dongle that probably had a budget of about $0.50? That thing is absolute crap, just plug it into your onboard audio!

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

That's lovely, but is there an alternative?  I got it because of the way the microphone works and the otherwise good reviews.

And for the comments about plugging it in directly...the cord isn't long enough.  i could get an extension, but then I lose the 4-conductor functionality.  

That's lovely, but is there an alternative? I got it because of the way the microphone works and the otherwise good reviews.

And for the comments about plugging it in directly...the cord isn't long enough. i could get an extension, but then I lose the 4-conductor functionality.

or you could get a 4 pole extension, which is a thing!

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Which I would then have to plug into a splitter, right?

• 3 months later...

I wanted to update this topic with a notice I got from Kingston today in response to my Amazon review.  They have, indeed, fixed the hissing issue with a firmware update.  I'm not sure if I can post the link to it here, but I will send in a PM.  You might be able to Google for it, too.