why is the GTX 980ti AMP edition the festest 980ti GPU in the market?

Khamiri

i've seen banchmarks being made that shows the 980ti AMP being the festest giving slightly more fps then other 980ti GPU's like EVGA, G1, Strix?

how come? i thought EVGA, G1, Strix were the best GPU?

It was clocked higher. That's why.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

It's not. It's just marketing. They might have a higher factory overclock than some of the other 980 ti's but it's not any faster than if you manually apply the same overclock.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop

i've seen banchmarks being made that shows the 980ti AMP being the festest giving slightly more fps then other 980ti GPU's like EVGA, G1, Strix?

how come? i thought EVGA, G1, Strix were the best GPU?

Probably due to higher factor overclocks? All of the factory clocks are junk because any card can overclock past the factory clocks. Also we have to look at temps vs noise. I've also heard that more, smaller fans emits a higher pitched sound which subjectively is more annoying than a lower-pitched sound even though both are equally as loud to the human ear. It's very hard to find an apples to apples comparison across coolers. Also, warranty support is different across different companies. The EVGA Classified and the HOF are voltage unlocked which can help up the performance a bit.

Also, from the buddies at OCN it looks like most of the heat pipes are not touching the CPU core for the Strix and the performance isn't mind-blowing, and the factory OC has been lowered when it is released compared to the samples reviewers got. G1 has some complaints of coil whine. IMO MSI for cheapness and quietness and Classy if you want to go hot and heavy. I haven't looked closely at Zotac but IIRC they dun goofed on some of their cards for the 980, so I am wary.

(I don't know much about HOF)

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Guru3D agree that the Zotac AMP is the fastest from factory, while the Gigabyte G1 is the fastest overclocked. Though the difference is insignificant. 

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/asus_geforce_gtx_980_ti_strix_review,35.html

In my opinion, the top tier 980Ti cards are so close you might as well go for the cheapest one you can find. Be it MSI gaming series, Gigabyte G1 or the Zotac AMP. According to Guru3D however, the Asus strix cooler is horrible to the point i believe it's possible their card is faulty. So i would check around on other sites for 980ti strix reviews.

Motherboard: Asus X570-E
CPU: 3900x 4.3GHZ

Memory: G.skill Trident GTZR 3200mhz cl14

GPU: AMD RX 570

SSD1: Corsair MP510 1TB

SSD2: Samsung MX500 500GB

PSU: Corsair AX860i Platinum