Do i need aftermarket case fans for this build?

bnjmnhns

yup i made up my mind about it after a long time of meditation and budget modifications, I really like the form factor of the 34" ultra wide and the 980ti to not upgrade the GPU in like a lot of time so yeah overkill in some parts of it I know.

I would get a Fury X or 390X because that screen is fresync.

I would get a Fury X or 390X because that screen is fresync.

i rather go with the nvidia side just for personal reasons and don't care much for free sync just the form factor is good enough for me

Gigabyte does not have good features for overclocking.

Since it's the first computer i build i won't try to overclock much i might tinker with it a little bit but not really looking for an insane overclock and as you said my monitor is only 2560x1080 so i don't think i will be needing any overcloking anytime soon...

CPU: i7 4790k, GPU: ASUS Strix 980 ti, Motherboard: z97x-UD5H-BK , RAM: 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws X 2133 Mhz, CPU Cooler: NH-D15, PSU: EVGA GS 850w 80+ Gold, Case: Fractal Design R5, Storage: Samsung 850 evo 250gb and WD black 1tb, Peripherals: Deathadder 2013 and G710+, Monitor: LG 29UM67.

i rather go with the nvidia side just for personal reasons and don't care much for free sync just the form factor is good enough for me

Since it's the first computer i build i won't try to overclock much i might tinker with it a little bit but not really looking for an insane overclock and as you said my monitor is only 2560x1080 so i don't think i will be needing any overcloking anytime soon...

Okay this is my suggestion so sit down and take a listen I'm going to go through everything for you.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Let's start of with that CPU:

-solid choice and good thinking.

Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($279.99 @ Micro Center)

CPU cooler:

-it's the cream of the cream but you best be overclocking to justify it's price.

Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($89.99 @ Mwave)

Motherboard:

-Asus has the most user friendly bios, for thoes who have never overclocked before, this board is also the very top of there multi purpose/non specialty line. Also dual channel on board WiFi for the win.

Asus Z87-Pro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($84.99 @ NCIX US)

Ram:

-Its ram, you can't change anything so cheapest per GB of the best thing way to go, it's also low latency witch don't really matter, but it is low profile so it's guaranteed to work with that massive CPU cooler.

Mushkin Stealth 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($84.99 @ Newegg)

Storage:

-Get yourself hooked up with the absolute best SSD and HDD for all that data transfer speed and reliability.

Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($97.99 @ Amazon)

Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($70.89 @ OutletPC)

Case:

-good choice my friend

Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($118.99 @ SuperBiiz)

PSU:

-850 watts fully modular made by seasonic it is more then enough but if you plan to add another 980ti later and overclock the CPU and a little on the GPU I would go up to something over 900 watts.

EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($104.99 @ NCIX US)

Optical drive:

-no one uses them, but the one you had made me say what the fuck, that thing has the same capabilities of a 15$ drive but costs 80$ for some crazy reason.

Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.98 @ OutletPC)

Moniter:

- This thing is the identical panel that you choes originally except this one is 80$ cheaper because it does not have fresync, witch you wouldn't be using anyway, because for some reason you love nvidia.

LG 34UM65 60Hz 34.0" Monitor ($584.99 @ Best Buy)

Keyboard:

-nice choice with the cherry MX Browns I'm a red lover personally. It's all preference, have you tried the different switches because if not I would suggest you stop by somewhere that has a demo of the different feel of each one.

Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($95.79 @ Amazon)

GPU:

-I wouldnt feel comfortable getting a GPU right as it releases, I personally would wait 2-3 weeks until you can get others feed back on it.

GTX 980ti STRIX ($740.00)

Total: $2368.58

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-07 21:47 EDT-0400

Overall input:

-it has a gold motherboard and a red GPU, I call it Iron Man.

Okay this is my suggestion so sit down and take a listen I'm going to go through everything for you.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Let's start of with that CPU:

-solid choice and good thinking.

Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($279.99 @ Micro Center)

CPU cooler:

-it's the cream of the cream but you best be overclocking to justify it's price.

Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($89.99 @ Mwave)

Motherboard:

-Asus has the most user friendly bios, for thoes who have never overclocked before, this board is also the very top of there multi purpose/non specialty line. Also dual channel on board WiFi for the win.

Asus Z87-Pro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($84.99 @ NCIX US)

Ram:

-Its ram, you can't change anything so cheapest per GB of the best thing way to go, it's also low latency witch don't really matter, but it is low profile so it's guaranteed to work with that massive CPU cooler.

Mushkin Stealth 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($84.99 @ Newegg)

Storage:

-Get yourself hooked up with the absolute best SSD and HDD for all that data transfer speed and reliability.

Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($97.99 @ Amazon)

Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($70.89 @ OutletPC)

Case:

-good choice my friend

Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($118.99 @ SuperBiiz)

PSU:

-850 watts fully modular made by seasonic it is more then enough but if you plan to add another 980ti later and overclock the CPU and a little on the GPU I would go up to something over 900 watts.

EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($104.99 @ NCIX US)

Optical drive:

-no one uses them, but the one you had made me say what the fuck, that thing has the same capabilities of a 15$ drive but costs 80$ for some crazy reason.

Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.98 @ OutletPC)

Moniter:

- This thing is the identical panel that you choes originally except this one is 80$ cheaper because it does not have fresync, witch you wouldn't be using anyway, because for some reason you love nvidia.

LG 34UM65 60Hz 34.0" Monitor ($584.99 @ Best Buy)

Keyboard:

-nice choice with the cherry MX Browns I'm a red lover personally. It's all preference, have you tried the different switches because if not I would suggest you stop by somewhere that has a demo of the different feel of each one.

Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($95.79 @ Amazon)

GPU:

-I wouldnt feel comfortable getting a GPU right as it releases, I personally would wait 2-3 weeks until you can get others feed back on it.

GTX 980ti STRIX ($740.00)

Total: $2368.58

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-07 21:47 EDT-0400

Overall input:

-it has a gold motherboard and a red GPU, I call it Iron Man.

ok i hear you when i chose my motherboard i only looked up the z97-a from asus and the gigabyte one i had and the one you showed looks pretty awesome it has way more capacitors than the one i looked at for basically the same price and apparently lower with the promo code.

The ram im not sure about the 1600 clock speed since i will be doing some editing in it and maybe i can benefit with something over 2000.

The monitor i chose is 539 usd in amazon which is 40 usd cheaper than in the retailers listed in pcpartpicker.

The drive i need the drive since i have an old windows xp operating system in a cd and since im part of the insider program for windows 10 was planning on upgrade from there also i want  blue ray player to watch some of the physical copies of movies i have.

100% agree on the psu.

And the strix i'll test my luck i guess since non of the other 980 ti have captured my attention like the strix.

other than that i think you made a better build than i did thank you i will update a lot of stuff thanks to this :D 

CPU: i7 4790k, GPU: ASUS Strix 980 ti, Motherboard: z97x-UD5H-BK , RAM: 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws X 2133 Mhz, CPU Cooler: NH-D15, PSU: EVGA GS 850w 80+ Gold, Case: Fractal Design R5, Storage: Samsung 850 evo 250gb and WD black 1tb, Peripherals: Deathadder 2013 and G710+, Monitor: LG 29UM67.

ok i hear you when i chose my motherboard i only looked up the z97-a from asus and the gigabyte one i had and the one you showed looks pretty awesome it has way more capacitors than the one i looked at for basically the same price and apparently lower with the promo code.

Yea especially because the Z97 equivalent of that board costs over 200$ witch is what it was priced at when it first came out.

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-z97prowifiac

The ram im not sure about the 1600 clock speed since i will be doing some editing in it and maybe i can benefit with something over 2000.

Ram clock speed does very little to anything and the gains are not really noticed at all.

The monitor i chose is 539 usd in amazon which is 40 usd cheaper than in the retailers listed in pcpartpicker.

Damn that lack of the freesync usage kills me.

The drive i need the drive since i have an old windows xp operating system in a cd and since im part of the insider program for windows 10 was planning on upgrade from there also i want  blue ray player to watch some of the physical copies of movies i have.

The drive I suggested can Read/Write CD's, DVD's, and Blu-Ray all for 15$ there is no need for super pricy 80$ optical drives as they do nothing more than their budget equivalents.

And the strix i'll test my luck i guess since non of the other 980 ti have captured my attention like the strix.

Just make sure the reviews on it don't suck before dropping your cash on one.

other than that i think you made a better build than i did thank you i will update a lot of stuff thanks to this  :D

Your welcome, happy future building.