Help! What PC parts should i get?

:^)

960 is still cheaper for me  What website do you use? The memory speed is 7.01 ghz on the 960 and has a base clock speed (or whatever you call it) of  1,241GHz while the 380 has a memory speed of 5.6 ghz and a base clock speed of 970 mhz AND the 960 is cheaper... so it is better? right?

sorry i was referring to the video ram of the card. i live in canada so the prices will be different. the r9 380 with 2gb of video ram still outperforms the 960. the 2gb version will be cheaper than the 4gb. if it's still too expensive, go with the 960

BigDay

The case you choose looks old and has:

Bad cable management (Making cleaning up you cables even worse)

Old HDD layout and a bad HDD layout in general because all the drives are external HDD/ODs

Limited GPU clearance

Not much clear airflow to the GPU because it's only one intake and rear and the HDD cage.

Really wouldn't recommend that case.

So do you have any good recomendations for a white case with good cable managment and that an ATX motherboard could fit in?

NZXT S340 

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

It would be better to get a i5 and a cheaper motherboard.

Intel Core i5-4440 is 60-70€ expensiver than the i3, is it worth is?

NZXT S340 

Looks "ok" it has 2 more fanport, but i liked the sharkoon because of it's old look, i'm gonna go for the NZXT S340 then, thanks.

sorry i was referring to the video ram of the card. i live in canada so the prices will be different. the r9 380 with 2gb of video ram still outperforms the 960. the 2gb version will be cheaper than the 4gb. if it's still too expensive, go with the 960

Doesn't more base clock speed mean more fps?

NZXT S340 

Can i put a DVD player in so that i can install windows on it? What windows should i get 8/8.1 or 8/8.1 pro? and does a Corsair CX500M powersupply fit in it?

it has 4 cores. should perform better in games than the i3

BigDay

Yes especially because you don't need a Z97 motherboard.

Doesn't more base clock speed mean more fps?

Not at all, you can have one GPU destroy another with double the base clock speed.

Can i put a DVD player in so that i can install windows on it? What windows should i get 8/8.1 or 8/8.1 pro? and does a Corsair CX500M powersupply fit in it?

The corsair CX series is a very bad choice for for the money as there are other power supplies with much better build quality for the same price or cheaper.

You also don't need a disk drive to install Windows, you can use a thumb drive.

You can just install Windows off a USB Drive or an external dvd drive. NZXT S340 doesn't have an external bay.

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

Alright the r9 380 it is!

It would be better to get a i5 and a cheaper motherboard.

Do you know any cheap motherboards that a i5 processor could fit in?

You can just install Windows off a USB Drive or an external dvd drive. NZXT S340 doesn't have an external bay.

So i just have to go to the windows website>download it>put it in a usb stick> put it in the my NEW pc and fill in the code when i bought the serial number> THEN i have windows... right?

And should i get an windows 8 normal version so that i could update to windows 10 when it come out, or a 8.1 and the 8/8.1 pro?

Alright the r9 380 it is!

Do you know any cheap motherboards that a i5 processor could fit in?

So i just have to go to the windows website>download it>put it in a usb stick> put it in the my NEW pc and fill in the code when i bought the serial number> THEN i have windows... right?

And should i get an windows 8 normal version so that i could update to windows 10 when it come out, or a 8.1 and the 8/8.1 pro?

if you want a cheap z97 intel motherboard, go with the msi z97 pc mate:

MSI Z97 PC MATE

this motherboard has military grade build quality, usb 3.0, and it will allow you to overclock your intel processor

if you can download the legit copy of windows from the microsoft website that would be ideal. i've never done this before, but if you can, download it. after that, format a usb drive with enough space on it for your chosen windows copy. purchase a serial number for that version of windows off of reddit. you should format the usb drive with the os so that it becomes a bootable stick

put the usb drive in the usb port and click f12 (most mobos) to choose the boot menu. you should then select the usb where windows is installed. after that, boot into the windows installer and enter your serial number to install

before you buy a serial number, make sure you can download a legit copy of the windows installer first

what does your build look like so far? please post a pc part picker link preferably

BigDay

if you want a cheap z97 intel motherboard, go with the msi z97 pc mate:

MSI Z97 PC MATE

this motherboard has military grade build quality, usb 3.0, and it will allow you to overclock your intel processor

if you can download the legit copy of windows from the microsoft website that would be ideal. i've never done this before, but if you can, download it. after that, format a usb drive with enough space on it for your chosen windows copy. purchase a serial number for that version of windows off of reddit. you should format the usb drive with the os so that it becomes a bootable stick

put the usb drive in the usb port and click f12 (most mobos) to choose the boot menu. you should then select the usb where windows is installed. after that, boot into the windows installer and enter your serial number to install

before you buy a serial number, make sure you can download a legit copy of the windows installer first

what does your build look like so far? please post a pc part picker link preferably

That motherboard is not cheap, and he won't be able to overclock a  locked i3 or i5 which is what he plans on getting anyway.

That motherboard is not cheap, and he won't be able to overclock a  locked i3 or i5 which is what he plans on getting anyway.

any cheaper and he won't be getting the same quality and features that the msi board offers. it's under 100 bucks usd. i don't recommend any boards besides z97 or x99.

BigDay

any cheaper and he won't be getting the same quality and features that the msi board offers. it's under 100 bucks usd. i don't recommend any boards besides z97 or x99.

B85 and H87/97 are great chipsets, why would you only ever recommend high end boards that's the best way to shoot a budget in the foot, we all know motherboards contribute nothing to performance. 

B85 and H87/97 are great chipsets, why would you only ever recommend high end boards that's the best way to shoot a budget in the foot, we all know motherboards contribute nothing to performance. 

i'm not going to argue with you. bye.

BigDay

Any H81, H87, B85, Z87, or Z97 motherboard will work.

What is the website of the retailers you are buying from so I can suggest a good one?

Here is the website: http://tweakers.net/categorie/47/moederborden/producten/#filter:TcqxCoAgFIXhdzmzQRaU-ABCQ1NjNITewZCKa7SE754RRNOB7_wXNnbExlNw0NjZLxHixWHjI9sc7Sc72S53hRRPaqn3K3QpEPNhfDiII_SFui2fOecAPaJRqsKUBGRT_1i2KmtKNw it's dutch, i also have clicked on some search options (ATX standars and 1150 socket) You can probably find your way out.

I win

Can i also use a DDR3 ram stick on a DDR4 motherboard?

So an ASRock 85 Anniversay is fine?

And the Corsair CXM 500W is ok for the price i think?