Dear TF2 players, what are your thoughts on "The Gun Mettle Update"

So, if you don't know what I am talking about, TF2 is (supposed) to be reviving an update called "The Gun Mettle" update. This update is adding pay for missions (like Counter-Strike: GO's mission passes) and new skins for weapons (Like Counter-Strike: GO's skins) and said skins will have different wear. The different tears of wear are: Factory New, Field-Tested, and Battle-Scarred, the wear feature also comes from Valve's game Counter-Strike: GO... I'm sure you've heard of it  :P Also from Counter-Strike comes different tiers of weapons with skins, they are as follows: Civilian, Freelance, Mercenary, Command, Assassin Or Elite. The paint jobs on these weapons are slightly different, no one weapon with a skin is alike.You can now pick up weapons that other people have dropped if they are the same class as you... walking over enemy's weapons no longer give you ammo, instead all players drop a medium ammo box when killed. Valve has also added "StatClock" to special skinned weapons (Stattrack, anyone?) and an inspect button, like in  CS: GO, that lets you see your weapon and StatClock meter on the go.

Valve has also added a few maps and taunts...

Now that you are done reading the wall of text, what are your opinions, personally I don't like anything from this update other than the maps and the taunts... weapon skins seem like a lot of work, think about having to get the right weapon crate, the right key, the right wear (Factory new) and the right tier. Anyways, like I was saying, what do you guys think of this update?

EDIT: All of the changes of weapons and new additions are at the bottom of this page: http://www.teamfortress.com/gunmettle/powerhouse.php

Build Modulus

[x] Intel Core i7 3770 [x] PNY xlr8 16gb(2x8) 1600mhz [x] Asus Strix 970 [x] Corsair h90, 3x corsair sp140, 1x Corsair af120 [x] ASRock Z77 Extreme4 [x] NZXT S340 [x] EVGA superNOVA NEX 650w [x] Asus xonar DG,Beyerdynamic dt770 Pro (80ohms), PreSonus M7, PreSonus AudioBox [x] WASD keyboard 104 key(Mx Brown) [x] Corsair M65 RGB [x] WD Blue 1TB 7200 HDD, WD passport 1tb [x] Asus VN247H-P, BenQ 2420Z [x]

Cycling Gear

[x] Giant Defy 5 [x] CamelBak Classic 2L [x] Nishiki Socorro [x] Giro Bravo Blue Jewel/Black [x] Midland Xtra-Talk w/ Headset (For Group Rides) [x] Casio G-Shock G100-1BV [x] Zefal Saddle Bag [x] Giant Control Mini MTB+ Frame Pump [x] Schwinn Expanding Cage [x] 2* Giant 700c*25c Tubes - Presta Valve [x] 2* Tire Levers [x] Stanley Allen Key Set [x] Mini-Lock For Saddle Bag [x]

I'm just happy they officially added Snowplow into the game :D

This update might get me to play TF2 again, after almost 4 months :) 

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

I'm just happy they officially added Snowplow into the game :D

This update might get me to play TF2 again, after almost 4 months :)

I am excited for Snowplow... hopefully it won't be to confusing though...         :P

Build Modulus

[x] Intel Core i7 3770 [x] PNY xlr8 16gb(2x8) 1600mhz [x] Asus Strix 970 [x] Corsair h90, 3x corsair sp140, 1x Corsair af120 [x] ASRock Z77 Extreme4 [x] NZXT S340 [x] EVGA superNOVA NEX 650w [x] Asus xonar DG,Beyerdynamic dt770 Pro (80ohms), PreSonus M7, PreSonus AudioBox [x] WASD keyboard 104 key(Mx Brown) [x] Corsair M65 RGB [x] WD Blue 1TB 7200 HDD, WD passport 1tb [x] Asus VN247H-P, BenQ 2420Z [x]

Cycling Gear

[x] Giant Defy 5 [x] CamelBak Classic 2L [x] Nishiki Socorro [x] Giro Bravo Blue Jewel/Black [x] Midland Xtra-Talk w/ Headset (For Group Rides) [x] Casio G-Shock G100-1BV [x] Zefal Saddle Bag [x] Giant Control Mini MTB+ Frame Pump [x] Schwinn Expanding Cage [x] 2* Giant 700c*25c Tubes - Presta Valve [x] 2* Tire Levers [x] Stanley Allen Key Set [x] Mini-Lock For Saddle Bag [x]

I am excited for Snowplow... hopefully it won't be to confusing though...         :P

I played it on unofficial servers when the EOTL update was released  and it wasn't confusing, it was actually awesome.Also, there are other maps&game modes that are more confusing than Snowplow :D

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

I played it on unofficial servers when the EOTL update was released  and it wasn't confusing, it was actually awesome.Also, there are other maps&game modes that are more confusing than Snowplow :D

I know, I was joking as that was Valves reason for not releasing it and I agree, some maps are way more confusing.

Hopefully after 1414 hours, new maps wouldn't confuse me :D   although, when this update was first talked about I thought Valve was joking at first...  :mellow:

Build Modulus

Cycling Gear

Valve wanting another CS:GO cash cow.

Yeah, I suppose so. I can just imagine the board meetings at Valve HQ. "Well.. now that Team Fortress 2's economy is dead, lets convert it to cartoon CS:GO!"  "Gabe..... YOU ARE A GENIUS!!!"

Build Modulus

Cycling Gear

I love the new maps. A bit mixed on the skins since some look ugly, but some do look nice.

I'm gonna buy my pass into the contracts.

Also, the Tomislav is finally exceptional.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Yeah, I left TF2 when the Free 2 play update launched. No regrets. It's not a game. It's a money shitstorm at best.

Yeah, I left TF2 when the Free 2 play update launched. No regrets. It's not a game. It's a money shitstorm at best.

I still love TF2, it's just when Valve releases an update that is almost all a cash grab, it makes me wish I could have paid 30-65 dollars and never have to worry about updates like that.

Build Modulus

Cycling Gear

Update broke rocket jumping ("fixed" now but it still feels off), stickies aren't ramped down anymore, demo jumping also broken, oh and you can pick up dropped ubers

terrible update till those things are fixed

Update broke rocket jumping ("fixed" now but it still feels off), stickies aren't ramped down anymore, demo jumping also broken, oh and you can pick up dropped ubers

terrible update till those things are fixed

being able to pick up dropped ubers? how the hell is that even able to pass testing.

I might give tf2 a go again, I stopped playing awhile ago since popularity really died off.

Its all about those volumetric clouds

being able to pick up dropped ubers? how the hell is that even able to pass testing.

I might give tf2 a go again, I stopped playing awhile ago since popularity really died off.

because valve balances around pub for w/e reason

• 1 month later...

I liked the balance changes, especially to the Dead ringer (Spies not-so-godly anymore... Thank god...), except the Ali baba's wee booties / bootlegger passive speed buff (brings Demoman's speed above 100% without charging... As Demoknight wasn't powerful enough as it is...) and Amputator nerf (can no-longer kill light classes in just two hits).

Some weapons did not really need a buff, like the Family business, but I'm digging them. Even before the buff, I used it more than the actual minigun...

Interested to try koth_suijin... If it would actually work: every time I try to load that map, game crashes. I have even re-installed the game multiple times, still nothing. Shame...

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.