Build Improvements

vivvek

A noob, so I appreciate your comments.

My Planned build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1kUgk

CPU:                   Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler:        Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard:      Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Memory:             Patriot Intel Extreme Master, Limited Ed 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Storage:             Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk

Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card:       Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card

Case:                Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply:  NZXT HALE82 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply

40% Editing & 15% Gaming & 45% Work

Is the RAM good, or are the Corsair Vengeance Series better?

Recommendations of a ATX motherboard...

Any Build improvements?

Thanks For Reading...

Are you purposely getting an micro ATX board for an ATX case?

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Get a M-ATX case because you aren't going to benefit from a M-ATX mobo if you don't have a M-ATX case I recommend the 350d

Are you purposely getting an micro ATX board for an ATX case?

Can you recommend me a good ATX motherboard...

Get a M-ATX case because you aren't going to benefit from a M-ATX mobo if you don't have a M-ATX case I recommend the 350d

Can you recommend me a good ATX motherboard because I like the silentness of the R4

What are you doing with the rig?

Asus Sabertooth Z87 because of the 5 year warrenty (maybe a little out of the budget though)

MSI GD-65 Z87 Gaming if you want to stick with MSI also a little bit cheaper

I would recommend the Sabertooth because I am a Asus fanboy

Can you recommend me a good ATX motherboard...

Can you recommend me a good ATX motherboard because I like the silentness of the R4

ok get a Gigabyte z87 GA HD3

Are you sure that it wont fail; Burn out randomly and then I have to get another motherboard...

Are you sure that it wont fail; Burn out randomly and then I have to get another motherboard...

Yes gigabyte is a reputable brand

Asus Sabertooth Z87 because of the 5 year warrenty (maybe a little out of the budget though)

MSI GD-65 Z87 Gaming if you want to stick with MSI also a little bit cheaper

I would recommend the Sabertooth because I am a Asus fanboy

Can you recommend me a good monitor... Under £200

Yes gigabyte is a reputable brand

And it the board have thier "ultra durable" technology

To your  question to failure Is that  you never no if a motherboard is or is not it all on the roll of the bones now onto motherboard I suggest the asus   z87 deluxe or deluxe dual  over al applications and has a excellent warranty

Personally, the H100I has had quiet a few issues with the pump failing.  I'd recommend an H100, H220 (If you live outside of the US), or a water 2.0/3.0 extreme from thermaltake.

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

Question ? What size moniter

I don't really mind, a monitor that isn't too small;less than 17 inch and not to big ; bigger than 24 inches.

ASUS VS248H-P 

I don't really mind, a monitor that isn't too small;less than 17 inch and not to big ; bigger than 24 inches.

M suggestion for professional style ips  monitor is a Asus PA279Q I could only find a review on the 24"

Are you planning to sli?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Are you planning to sli?

nope, I am on a really tight budget. And isn't the GTX 780 the best graphic card other than the titan..

nope, I am on a really tight budget. And isn't the GTX 780 the best graphic card other than the titan..

The 780 is the best performing single gpu other than the titan. However, both the 780 and the titan are not a good value for their performance/price ratio compared to other solutions. 

What kind of editing/work are you doing/Programs you are using? Overall budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Are you planning to sli?

I heard that on the h100i the pump fails, so can you recommend me another water cooler that is as powerfull as the h100i in the price range of £100($153)...

M suggestion for professional style ips  monitor is a Asus PA279Q I could only find a review on the 24"

I heard that on the h100i the pump fails, so can you recommend me another water cooler that is as powerfull as the h100i in the price range of £100($153)...

ASUS VS248H-P 

Personally, the H100I has had quiet a few issues with the pump failing.  I'd recommend an H100, H220 (If you live outside of the US), or a water 2.0/3.0 extreme from thermaltake.

Is the thermaltake water 2.0/30. as powerful and less likely to fail...

And it the board have thier "ultra durable" technology

The 780 is the best performing single gpu other than the titan. However, both the 780 and the titan are not a good value for their performance/price ratio compared to other solutions. 

What kind of editing/work are you doing/Programs you are using? Overall budget?

Photoshop,Adobe Premier Pro, Pinnacle Studio

Windows Word,Microsoft Powerpoint.