Brix/NUC Water Cooling - need CPU block help

I'm working on a project ("LotR Tower of Orthanc case build" in the Build Logs section) and for reasons of "why not?" I want to water cool a NUC or Brix computer. In either case, I will be removing the mobo from the case. My challenge is that neither of these are standard, socketed systems. I'd prefer to use the NUC5i7RYH as it has the better CPU than anything available in the Brix line, but it has Intel's special "tri-pressure retension" mounting system, and I can't figure out a good way to mount a standard water block to it. On the Brix side, I would go with the GB-BXi7-5500 or the GB-BXi7H-5500 (I don't need the case support for a 2.5" drive, but I'm not sure if the smaller version still has the sata port on the mobo, and I would like the option to add one later if needed). The Brix systems seem to use a more normal 4 point mounting bracket, but the screws are 46mm apart.

My challenge is this: Find a CPU block (AIO cooler or standalone) that can be mounted to a Brix with minimal modification, maybe having a bracket fabricated but not having to make a whole block. The second option is to have a water block made for the Brix or NUC. I don't have the tools required to do either type of fabrication. I'm open to other suggestions as well.

EDIT: I'm also open to ways to mount a fullsize air cooler of any variety. And Zip Ties are not a valid solution except for testing.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

I'm working on a project ("LotR Tower of Orthanc case build" in the Build Logs section) and for reasons of "why not?" I want to water cool a NUC or Brix computer. In either case, I will be removing the mobo from the case. My challenge is that neither of these are standard, socketed systems. I'd prefer to use the NUC5i7RYH as it has the better CPU than anything available in the Brix line, but it has Intel's special "tri-pressure retension" mounting system, and I can't figure out a good way to mount a standard water block to it. On the Brix side, I would go with the GB-BXi7-5500 or the GB-BXi7H-5500 (I don't need the case support for a 2.5" drive, but I'm not sure if the smaller version still has the sata port on the mobo, and I would like the option to add one later if needed). The Brix systems seem to use a more normal 4 point mounting bracket, but the screws are 46mm apart.

My challenge is this: Find a CPU block (AIO cooler or standalone) that can be mounted to a Brix with minimal modification, maybe having a bracket fabricated but not having to make a whole block. The second option is to have a water block made for the Brix or NUC. I don't have the tools required to do either type of fabrication. I'm open to other suggestions as well.

You will need to make something yourself and my point is why, these things barely kick out heat.

Lani100 - The current way I am designing my case, there will be little airflow where I want to place the NUC. I certainly don't think the standard cooler will suffice for long in a 1L plastic box (10cm*10cm*10cm). But if I could water cool it, then I can place the rad and fans in a different area that will get good airflow.

You will need to make something yourself and my point is why, these things barely kick out heat.

the gigabyte Brix pro with its GTX760 would like to have a Word....... that thing thermal throttles like a mofo. if OP were to watercool this. then it would be worth it

whats not worth it is the cost, you are taking something that costs a Premium because of its small size... and making it bigger. that seems... short sighted. 

these things aside. OP you can look for a waterblock with a Acrylic or Lexan topper. thats flat with an O ring seal. this way you can buy a Blank top.. tap the holes for fittings and Mounting points  and cut away the excess with a Dremel. 

this is the best way to get a custom fitting block 

Something like this: DangerDen-TDX-7.jpg

the top is flat and the Block is just a Hair larger then the CPU Chip.... if it fits right then you can just drill out holes on the pre-existing lexan/Acrylic  topper.

Thanks Zyphron, that looks like a perfect option! And maybe, just maybe, it could work for a NUC too. I see that's a Danger Den model, and that is a good option, but I'll look around for similar as well.

I realize what I'm doing may not make the most sense in a typical situation, but what I'm trying to do isn't very typical. I only have 112mm by 112mm space to fit in the mobo, which means NUC or BRIX, regardless of the premium. And then I have the added issue that the space where the mobo will sit doesn't have any access to cool air, or even a way to exhaust air (I can add this but it would harm the outside look of the "case"). However, I do have a space 12" above, where there is ample fresh air, and a simple routing path for some wires and tubes to reach it. Therefore, I'm looking at water cooling as an option.

I would love to try something with the BRIX Pro with the 760 in it, but I don't have a lot of graphics horsepower need (mostly spreadsheets and web browsing for this computer) and the way the BRIX Pro sandwiches the heatsink between the two processors would be even harder to water cool. I'll leave that for someone else - I'm just using a BRIX s.