Question for all IKEA SIGNUM OWNERS

Arshdeep

Hey Fellas.

I own the Ashton L Shaped desk which is 1.5cm/0.6" thick. I want to install the Ikea Signum on it. My question, do you know if it is possible to install the signum on a desk smaller than 1 inch in thickness?

Does anyone know how long the mounting screw is?

ergocraft-ashton-l-shaped-desk-60-americpost-22389-0-92387700-1435624754.png

Thanks for any help!

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

Just use screws that are short enough. You likely have a bin of them around to pick from.

You can always buy shorter screws.

Its best to use what is included if it works. Especially for something like screws. The sizes are tangible. 

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

Hey Fellas.

I own the Ashton L Shaped desk which is 1.5cm/0.6" thick. I want to install the Ikea Signum on it. My question, do you know if it is possible to install the signum on a desk smaller than 1 inch in thickness?

Does anyone know how long the mounting screw is?

ergocraft-ashton-l-shaped-desk-60-americattachicon.gifUntitled.png

Thanks for any help!

It should be somewhere on the box or in the instructions

My article on subscription based services and why they are the way forward http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/382625-what-the-future-holds/

• 1 year later...

Sorry i have no idea about the length of the screw but i wonder if the signum would work with a desk that is hollow on the inside

The screw is 16mm from the base of the head.

On 7/3/2016 at 7:07 AM, joost_vandenberg said:

Sorry i have no idea about the length of the screw but i wonder if the signum would work with a desk that is hollow on the inside

It works fine. It comes with some plastic spacers that work like drywall anchors.