Reinstalling Windows 7 OEM

Shpadee

For the future, I was curious if Windows 7 OEM can be reinstalled to say an SDD after being installed to an HDD.

Should, but you might have to call Windows and get the key re-verified. I re-used my XP OeM on like 10 different machine upgrades lol.

yes i have done this 6 times and windows is  ass about it but after about a half an hour with them it works i say just go linux if you can

Windows OEM can be install as many time as you want, provided it stays on the same PC, and that the number of re-install is under the undisclosed per 3 month limit, in which if you pass, you'll need to a phone activation.

A phone activation is quick and easy, it involved entering number on your phone keypad (or speak it), and the automated system will tell you an override code to enter in your computer Windows activation box.

It must be noted that the product key on the Windows sticker is NOT activated. In such case, a phone activation is needed, and you won't pass the automated system (it will fail), and transfer you to a person, which will ask you:

-> Why you are re-installing Windows ? You got an SSD.

-> And, if you installed Windows on a different PC using the same product key. If you say, 'yes', tell inform you that you can't. And will help you find an edition of Windows, retail copy, that best fit your needs, which you can purchase from them. If you say no, then off you go, the person will give you the override code.