Sound interference when listening to music from external device.

Random115
Go to solution Solved by KaminKevCrew,

Actually separating your posts into paragraphs would greatly assist in the readability of your writings. Anyway, it sound to me like you have issues with your audio when the ipod is charging.

That's probably because when the battery is being charged, you will generally have interference. That's the way that most older portable players are (and some newer ones too). Do iPods actually output at a Line out level when they are at max level? If they don't then you may be turning up the volume too loud, and that could help create the hiss, simply due to the noise floor of your ipod.

The low bass might be some equalizer setting you have on it, or it could just be that it has a poorly designed amp system in it that can't do bass very well without external power.

I've been having trouble with listening to audio from an external device and want to know how to get rid of the interference. I currently have and Ipod 5th gen plugged into my computer via the front port mic in with an audio cable. I have been using Realtek HD audio manager to set it up and i have created it as a line in as my mic in option is currently occupied by my ps3 audio via the back ports and i want the two separate (also my audio for my ps3 is perfectly fine, and all the ports i am using are analog). When my ipod is not charging or have some sought of electricity going through it the interference is very quiet but i can't here my music correctly like there is no base. But when its on charge there is quite a lot of interference but only when the screen is on but when its off it's quiet-ish but i can still here it and it irritates me i can here all the music correctly. Also my line in format is set to 16 bits, 44100 Hz (CD Quality) and i have no sound card besides for the one inbuilt to the motherboard, and if this helps in anyway my motherboard is the Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z5S. Please help me figure this out and if there is anymore info needed please ask me. Thanks

Actually separating your posts into paragraphs would greatly assist in the readability of your writings. Anyway, it sound to me like you have issues with your audio when the ipod is charging.

That's probably because when the battery is being charged, you will generally have interference. That's the way that most older portable players are (and some newer ones too). Do iPods actually output at a Line out level when they are at max level? If they don't then you may be turning up the volume too loud, and that could help create the hiss, simply due to the noise floor of your ipod.

The low bass might be some equalizer setting you have on it, or it could just be that it has a poorly designed amp system in it that can't do bass very well without external power.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Turn down the bit rate, you wont notice a difference, if that dosen't help then I'd suggest trying a different audio source to test if that has problems too.

Turn down the bit rate, you wont notice a difference, if that dosen't help then I'd suggest trying a different audio source to test if that has problems too.

The turning down the bitrate thing is true of things past 44khz. You can definitely tell a difference under 44khz.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Sorry for the bad layout of the post.

I don't know what line out level is of the ipods, but i played around with the equalizer settings and discovered that if i have the equalizer all the way to the left or right it works fine with no interference without the charger, and plays in both speakers. As soon as i plug in the charger it only plays in the one speaker, and with some interference. Only problem is i am not sure if songs that plays some music in one speaker and different music in the other will still do that.