Desktop Speakers 2.0

Notree

Ok so I've had the Kanto YU2's for awhile now. I love them. I can get the YU3 for $219 right now which I'm might jump on that . I'm looking at spending anywhere from $150-250 cad.There's so many options. They need to be powered. And have 4-5inch driver with a tweeter. They also need to be able to be hooked up to a sub. Is there any other option's I should look at or just grab the YU3?

@Notree

I was always curious about the Kanto speakers. They look so darn good. I think going from YU2 to YU3 isn't going to be worth it. If anything, buy some kind of preamp that allows you to add a sub in with the kantos and improve audio that way.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

@Notree

I was always curious about the Kanto speakers. They look so darn good. I think going from YU2 to YU3 isn't going to be worth it. If anything, buy some kind of preamp that allows you to add a sub in with the kantos and improve audio that way.

I love kanto. I wasn't really sure about them cause there's not many reviews.But there def worth the money imo. But I came from logitech 2.1 and cyber acoustics 5.1 systems . So the kanto's were like night an day in comparison. I was really thinking about just getting a sub but I don't really think I need more bass. The kanto's do have a sub input on the back. Any subs and you'd recommend?? Do I need an amp? I'm currently just running the yu2's through my soundcard. Thanks for the reply.

I love kanto. I wasn't really sure about them cause there's not many reviews.But there def worth the money imo. But I came from logitech 2.1 and cyber acoustics 5.1 systems . So the kanto's were like night an day in comparison. I was really thinking about just getting a sub but I don't really think I need more bass. The kanto's do have a sub input on the back. Any subs and you'd recommend?? Do I need an amp? I'm currently just running the yu2's through my soundcard. Thanks for the reply.

If they have a sub input on the back, just add a sub directly to them, nothing more needs to be done.

I recommend the Dynamo 300. I just got one the other day, its fantastic.  I also have a 2.0 Speaker setup, that is great and I enjoy it, but it lacked on the low end.  $130 later, and my music and movies have been brought to life.  This is a sub for a small room/office, not a living room.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

If they have a sub input on the back, just add a sub directly to them, nothing more needs to be done.

I recommend the Dynamo 300. I just got one the other day, its fantastic.  I also have a 2.0 Speaker setup, that is great and I enjoy it, but it lacked on the low end.  $130 later, and my music and movies have been brought to life.  This is a sub for a small room/office, not a living room.

Thanks .  Yah I just use it in my room. Thats why I'm kind of iffy about getting a sub.I really don't find myself lacking bass. But Im def going to look into it more.Damnit even more options now lol

Anyone else with suggestions for speakers or subs? 

Yeah I agree with you, the difference is huge when adding a sub.

I had a 5.0 system for a while, the sub I added made a huge difference

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

So I  ended up selling my kanto yu2's for $20 more then I payed for them. I was going to buy yu3 and sub. But I seen M-audio av40 v2 onsale for $119 and figured I''d try them out.Since there like the number one recommended speaker under $200.They sound really good. Their bass is better then the kanto yu2 obviously.  Overall Im pretty happy.Ended up upgrading for free basically. Still may get a sub.

Yeah I agree with you, the difference is huge when adding a sub.

I had a 5.0 system for a while, the sub I added made a huge difference