AIDA64 stress-test (duration-time?) on 5820k

Hello to everybody,

On 5820k I am having a stable overclock, I think, of 4.4GHz on 1.25V.

I am not a developer or something, and it is not super important for me to run my PC for ages without crashing. I mean a crash will never ruin my life so that's OK for me. 

So how much is enough to stress my system for my simple daily uses? The only thing I am aiming for is to get that good OC middle ground while keeping my system on low voltages and low temps as much as I can. 

Thank you very much.

I believe 5-8 hours. I ran it for awhile and it crashed at the 4 hour mark.

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

Hello to everybody,

I am not a developer or something, and it is not super important for me to run my PC for ages without crashing. I mean a crash will never ruin my life so that's OK for me. 

So how much is enough to stress my system for my simple daily uses? The only thing I am aiming for is to get that good OC middle ground while keeping my system on low voltages and low temps as much as I can. 

Thank you very much.

A night while you are asleep should be enough.

Hello to everybody,

Thank you very much.

Many will disagree but i find that even running it for a few minutes (15-30) will give you a pretty good idea if the overclock is stable or not. If its not gonna crash during that time its probably not gonna crash ever. Inb4 people yelling at me to run it for 24 or 48 hours... get the fuck outta here with that. :P

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

I think 8 hours is more than enough, 6 if you feel that's too much.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Many will disagree but i find that even running it for a few minutes (15-30) will give you a pretty good idea if the overclock is stable or not. If its not gonna crash during that time its probably not gonna crash ever. Inb4 people yelling at me to run it for 24 or 48 hours... get the fuck outta here with that. :P

I definitely agrre with you SuperPug :)

In real world scenario my PC will never even touch the 100% load, except that fucking Chrome, but that's like for a second or two.

Like I said above, my PC needs to run quiet and cool-running and not crash during my simpleton's daily usage, because you know it is not like the early 2000's when my light bulbs would start dimming when I run my OC-ed PC.