Rapoo 9300P - Wireless keyboard and mouse combo

Xafer

rapoo_wireless_optical_deskset_9300p_usb

Manufacturer: Rapoo

Price payed: 279 DKK ~ 42 USD

Connection: Nano receiver - 5 GHz

Introduction

I bought this combo since i needed a new keyboard for my setup. I really wanted something along the design of Apples wireless keyboard, simple and compact. The gaming performance wasn't a big concern since i don't play at a high level - And if needed i have a corded gaming mouse and a keyboard on the shelf. The Rapoo products caught my attention, they were cheap, compact and was pretty much identical to the Apple products in many ways.

First impression

Seeing the box for the first time surprised me, it was small - Really small. The keyboard and mouse were plug and play, no drivers needed which were nice. The nano receiver looks like the Logitech receivers you know, tiny enough to keep it in your laptop all the time. Rapoo included the batteries for both the keyboard and mouse which definitely gave them a plus.

Looks

The keyboard looks nice, like really nice. it's a ultra slim keyboard 4,9 mm at it's thinnest point. The keys are evenly spaced, and the plastic structure is surrounded by a nice metal band. The keyboard doesn't flex as much as i thought it would being that slim, probably because of the metal band. The aesthetics of the keyboard was what made me purchase the set.

The mouse on the other hand isn't anything worth writing much about. It's a simple, cheap feeling, 2 buttoned mouse with a scroll wheel mouse.

Performance

I didn't have high hopes for the performance of the combo, i feared the worst hence the price and the Chinese manufacturer i had never heard about.

Starting with the mouse, it's bad - very bad. The ergonomics are terrible, and the tracking isn't the greatest I've ever used. It's a very light mouse making it uncomfortable for me personally. The low weight adds to the cheap feel of it. I couldn't find the mouse on Rapoo's website, but from what i can find on amazon etc. the mouse is 1000 DPI. 

The keyboard is decent, typing on it is solid and i quickly got the hang of the button placement. The keys are scissor keys, giving it a decent feel being so thin. Occasionally it has missed a press, when i hit the edge of the keys, which i expected from a membrane keyboard. The size of the keys are nice for me personally, and i'm satisfied with the overall feeling of it. I like the fact that it's a full keyboard with a numpad, and yet keeps the compact size. The keyboard isn't back lit though which is a shame.

Conclusion

Is the combo worth the price? - maybe.

The keyboard was what made me buy this combo, since i couldn't get the keyboard alone. I mainly bought it because of the nice looks and compact size, which it delivered on. The performance is okay and overall i like the keyboard. The mouse on the other hand needs to be replaced by a higher quality one. It's just not worth the money, and feels like the cheap 5$ mouse it is.

I'm satisfied with my purchase since i got what i expected, but i wouldn't really recommend the combo to anyone unless they really like the aesthetics like i did, and in that case - try to get the keyboard alone.