Question - FPS v Resolution

nfank

Hey guys

Does doubling the pixels mean half the FPS?

Im using 1400x900 and not sure if I should upgrade to 1080p

1400x900 = 1 260 000

1920x1080 = 2 073 600

2 073 600 / 1 260 000 = 1.65

Does this mean if i get 165 fps on my current monitor i will get 100 fps on 1080p or are there other considerations?

Feel free to convince me otherwise..

Obviously 1080p is nicer, but it means I spend money on monitor and extra on graphics card

Opinions, answers, anything in between is all appreciated

Cheers

Also, for those interested my options are buy gtx 960 with current monitor or 970 and new monitor, the later being much more costly

There are other considerations too, it'll take more processing power but it's not exactly equal and you could even be CPU bottlenecking, but I can't tell.

What's your full specs?

Sig under construction.

There are other considerations too, it'll take more processing power but it's not exactly equal and you could even be CPU bottlenecking, but I can't tell.

What's your full specs?

currently running

i3 2120 @3.3

gt 630 2gb

8gb ddr3

i plan to get an i5 4590

basically all i want to run (excluding unannounced shockers) is fallout 4, dirty bomb, gta5, dark souls 3

i plan to get an i5 4590

basically all i want to run (excluding unannounced shockers) is fallout 4, dirty bomb, gta5, dark souls 3

Well, GTA 5, I know friends who can play it fine at Medium 1080p even with a A8-6500 + 7750 GPU, as for Dark Souls, people say they aren't the hardest to run, and Dirty Bomb is pretty badly optimized but easy to run if your not going to max it out. The i5 should be fine even at 1080p. Good luck with your choice and all though. 

Core i7 4970K  | MSi Z97-G45 | MSi GTX 970 (Non-OC) | 8GB of RAM | 120GB SanDisk Ultra Plus (OS) | 1TB WD Black (Games) NZXT Phantom 410  | Corsair 650M