Batman Arkham Knight DO NOT BUY!

werto165

Downloading it now. Let's see how it runs on my 2-way 980s

It will run like shit on SLI. Disable SLI and run as a single card. You will notice greater frame rates in single card mode.

I have a potato!

Maybe now, definitely not when it first came out. 

Yeah I mean now.

Unity was a total cock up.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

I remember people joying about the game coming with Nvidia cards.

Looks like Dirt Rally isn't a bad option after all...

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

Hahaha would be such a troll, if it's made to only Work perfectly on HBM hahaha =)

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X  | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360  |  GIGABYTE X570S AERO G  |  2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz  | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | FSP Hydro PTM PRO 1000W |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX VEGA 56 8GB AERO | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |

Some people's reactions are a bit too extreme.

-You can simply mod the files to fix the 30 FPS cap issue.

-AC Unity is still broken, this doesn't even come close.

-AC Unity had problems with ALL cards, just because you had more horsepower didn't mean you still weren't hovering in the 30's to 40's when you shouldn't have been.

-People have figured out how to fix the stuttering.

-This is RockSteady, not Ubisoft, I'm sure they'll fix it regardless.

I have an average 55-65 FPS on ACU at 1920x1200 with everything maxed out and FXAA.

Hey, so I just received my pre-ordered copy of Arkham Knight...but after reading all these bad news about the PC version I'm quite taken aback.

I have a Gtx970, i7-4790k with 16GB RAM...the drivers I have currently installed are the ones that came out before GTA V PC release. I have read some bad reviews about

the new drivers also...some people are saying the drivers are just not optimized the right way. A friend of mine who has Gtx980 used to get like ~90fps on CoD:AW but after installing

the latest B:AK-optimized drivers that rate dropped to around 60-65...GPU temps were going up to 70C! He has the same processor as mine and same amount of RAM.

He is installing B:AK right now as of the moment I posted this...

But I wanted to get some online advice as well - should I or should I not install these drivers? My original idea was to install the run the game using the old drivers first and

then install the new ones depending on how it works...

Silky smooth 30-37 fps [GTX 980]

-= Maximus VIII Extreme ||| I7-6700K |||  32Gb DDr4 @2123Mhz ||| Msi RTX 2080Ti =-

It's just another bad PC port. Best thing to do is refund and distract yourself with other games since waiting for patches to fix their mess will be a while. Took High Voltage to fix MKX 2 months to get to where the consoles are at and still some problems. Bad PC ports happen every now and then. And since they wanted your summer money they didn't want to hold back the PC release.

The woes of not waiting to buy a GPU when new releases hit soon.

-snip-

Try it with old ones and then upgrade to new ones. If the old ones are better, download them and go back with clean install/wipe in safe mode etc, if new ones are better you're good.

You want advice? Don't preorder, safest way to avoid stuff like this. :)

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

The games broken why worst then AC Unity was, you just need to wait till Rocksteady get round to fixing it.

Kevin posted a video on the ToT channel.

Cry Havoc!

This game's issues extend WAAAAAY beyond the framerate.

The game doesn't work at all unless I run it in borderless windowed mode (because fullscreen crashes the game) with my Windows desktop resolution set to 1080p (because otherwise the game will only let me play at my native resolution of 4K).

Unacceptable!

I didn't preorder the game, it came with my GTX 980 g1 gaming (itself on offer) so I had it preloaded. I've Managed playable (30fps capped) gaming with nvidia gameworks options all off, everything else on normal/high, vsync off At 2160p. I initially put vsync on thinking "well it's capped at 30fps anyway" but the game is just a sluggish mess with it. And uncapping the fps turns the game into a stuttering mess.

I would usually wait for the game to be patched before playing, but 1/ I didn't pay for the game so can't refund anyway and 2/ I love the Arkham story and there are already spoilers being posted all over the internet, so I want to play through the story asap, even if I come back and replay/ do side quests later.

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

This game's issues extend WAAAAAY beyond the framerate.

The game doesn't work at all unless I run it in borderless windowed mode (because fullscreen crashes the game) with my Windows desktop resolution set to 1080p (because otherwise the game will only let me play at my native resolution of 4K).

Unacceptable!

That's just you then lol. For me it's just mainly framerate. 

What makes me laugh is I see no difference in performance between 1080p and 4k. Lol. I mean I can play most games at 30-60fps at 4k anyway depending on game (usually drop AA and some postfx obviously, but batman doesn't have those options anyway. Lol), but NO difference at all! Not sure if that's crazy or some kind of silver lining.

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

Spoiler

Ok I have not played it yet. I'm going to remove the fps cap but here are my pc benchmark for the game so far. I heard the game has major lag/stuttering while in the Batmobile. I will update this later once I run fraps and check out the game.

My settings

settings%20for%201080p_zps7g39b6nh.png

It would not let take a screenshot of the benchmark properly lol

1080p_zpseg7ykuz9.png

Numbers

Min: 74fps

Max: 172fps

Avg: 107fps

Ok settings for 1080p with everything on except vsync

1080p%20Settings%20with%20Gameworks_zpsy

1080p%20with%20gameworks_zps5yxstzbv.png

Numbers

Min: 62fps

Max: 108fps

Avg: 83fps

Alright off to go play the game. I will try to screen shot if I get slowdowns. Hopefully they fix it soon.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

ok Update

Here is what I got in the batmobile while playing the game. I'm still capped at 30fps.

Fraps

2015-06-25 01:04:02 - BatmanAK
Frames: 1055 - Time: 34726ms - Avg: 30.381 - Min: 21 - Max: 33

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

How did you manage to get the FRAPs to get to work?

My FPS counter from FRAPs doesn't even come up with this game.

i have a batman arkham knight promo code from my newly bought GTX 980 Ti card. should i redeem it or nah?

Current Gaming Rig Specs

CPU:    Intel Core i5 4460  --   GPU:   Zotac GTX 980 Ti Reference Card --   RAM:   G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB 1600 --  Mobo: Gigabyte H97M-D3H --  HDD:  1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue

PSU: Seasonic S12II 620w 80 Plus Bronze -- Case: Bitfenix Shadow --  Monitor: Benq RL2455HM 24"  -- Mouse/Keyboard: CMStorm Devastator

That's just you then lol. For me it's just mainly framerate. 

And the visual quality compared to consoles.

Whilst not apparent at first, in comparison it's pretty obvious. Ambient occlusion, missing textures etc etc.

Here's to hoping it's fixed when it's back on sale.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

i have a batman arkham knight promo code from my newly bought GTX 980 Ti card. should i redeem it or nah?

They have pulled it from being sole and won't sell it again until it's fixed. Personally i feel confident about this. I would redeem it if i where you.

They have pulled it from being sole and won't sell it again until it's fixed. Personally i feel confident about this. I would redeem it if i where you.

to be honest i rather had a GTA V code than this batman arkham knight. hahahaha :)

anyways still havent redeemed it tho. it was sitting on my desk looking at me saying like. "REDEEM ME NOW" haha

Current Gaming Rig Specs

CPU:    Intel Core i5 4460  --   GPU:   Zotac GTX 980 Ti Reference Card --   RAM:   G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB 1600 --  Mobo: Gigabyte H97M-D3H --  HDD:  1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue

PSU: Seasonic S12II 620w 80 Plus Bronze -- Case: Bitfenix Shadow --  Monitor: Benq RL2455HM 24"  -- Mouse/Keyboard: CMStorm Devastator

With your system it will run pretty well honestly. It'll have a couple of hiccups but nothing too horrible. I've got a Xeon E3 1246 v3 (i7-4770) with a GTX 970 and I generally get around 50-70 FPS. When I say hiccups I mean frame drops and stutters from time to time. It's a REALLY GOOD game, just has performance issues atm. 

I have Titan X, and the game runs pretty well. Not optimally, but well enough that I'm keep playing it. (Think you can check my rig in my profile, right?)

Stuttering is the main issue that I get annoyance from.

Its just that this game should not require a person to spend over USD3000 to play it optimally...

So if you are interested in playing the game, just go ahead. Gameplay itself is pretty nice.

I say do it, free is free. Assassins Creed Unity had a fiasco and you never know what companies will do but they gave everyone Dead Kings DLC as an olive branch.

PC Specs : Click here