Powersupply idea help

eatitmonkeyboy
Go to solution Solved by STRMfrmXMN,

Sweet it doesn't seem like it's that expensive. Would a Corsiar 760 ax work well enough for sli or would it be worth the money to get the 1000w in case i do choose to go sli in a couple of years

760W should be fine but it's cutting it closer than I would recommend. XFX sells an 850W PSU that should suit ya fine.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Y2F6ZL

this is currently what the parts list looks like and i plan on putting one of the new gtx 980 ti hof from galax in there. How much power am I going to need? Also what is your part recommendation? Was looking at the photon 1000w for possibly another card later down the road but also because the price. Which seemed to good to be true so that's why I ask.

Thanks for the help :)

this is currently what the parts list looks like and i plan on putting one of the new gtx 980 ti hof from galax in there. How much power am I going to need? Also what is your part recommendation? Was looking at the photon 1000w for possibly another card later down the road but also because the price. Which seemed to good to be true so that's why I ask.

if going sli get a good 750 to 850 watts you could probably go slightly lower. I like seasonic, evga, g2 gs, b2, maybe even corsairs new rmi line or ax. Superflower also.

Something like an 850W PSU will be perfect, the Photon 1000W is a mediocre PSU but something like an EVGA G2 would be better.

Here's an overview of it's little brother the Photon 750W:

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=405 

if your not gonna sli....600w psu

if you are gonna sli...850+

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

If you're going to SLI then an EVGA 550W/650W GS should be fine. If going to SLI then get a an EVGA G2 100W ish since overkill is nice on SLI xD When it idles then you won't hear a fan as well.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

If you're going to SLI then an EVGA 550W/650W GS should be fine. If going to SLI then get a an EVGA G2 100W ish since overkill is nice on SLI xD When it idles then you won't hear a fan as well.

Sweet it doesn't seem like it's that expensive. Would a Corsiar 760 ax work well enough for sli or would it be worth the money to get the 1000w in case i do choose to go sli in a couple of years

760W should be fine but it's cutting it closer than I would recommend. XFX sells an 850W PSU that should suit ya fine.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

An AX 760 could do it but I wouldn't overclock anything at that point and 850W would give you that extra overhead.

An AX 760 could do it but I wouldn't overclock anything at that point and 850W would give you that extra overhead.

Thanks guys I think I found my powersupply thanks!!!