AMD Club3D R9 280 DVI-I?

Suffice

Hi, i recently bought the Club 3D R9 280 graphics card (not 280X) and i would like to know if i can use a DVI-I to VGA adapter for it. I have a monitor that only takes VGA in but the Graphics card's box says the DVI slotarrow-10x10.png on the card is Dual DVI-D. I did some research and it says that to connect to a DVI-I slot it must have 4 extra pins. On the Club 3D R9 280 it does have 4 extra pins but it says it's a Dual DVI-D. So can i use a DVI-I to VGA adapter to connect my monitor to the graphics card's DVI slot. I'm just very confused and eager to find an answer. 

DVI to VGA adapter should be included with the card

@Suffice: Follow your topics ;P

They didn't give an adapter with the R9 280 so i want to know which one i should buy a DVI-I to VGA or DVI-D to VGA 

Hi, i recently bought the Club 3D R9 280 graphics card (not 280X) and i would like to know if i can use a DVI-I to VGA adapter for it. I have a monitor that only takes VGA in but the Graphics card's box says the DVI slotarrow-10x10.png on the card is Dual DVI-D. I did some research and it says that to connect to a DVI-I slot it must have 4 extra pins. On the Club 3D R9 280 it does have 4 extra pins but it says it's a Dual DVI-D. So can i use a DVI-I to VGA adapter to connect my monitor to the graphics card's DVI slot. I'm just very confused and eager to find an answer. 

You need a DVI-I to VGA adapter, DVI-D is only digital so it is an active adapter and the ports on the R9 280 should also have the analog pins (use this to check). Club3D for some reason doesn't include DVI to VGA adapters, but you should be able to find them for about €5 (or $, but AFAIK Club3D is mostly a thing here in the EU.)

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

You need a DVI-I to VGA adapter, DVI-D is only digital so it is an active adapter and the ports on the R9 280 should also have the analog pins (use this to check). Club3D for some reason doesn't include DVI to VGA adapters, but you should be able to find them for about €5 (or $, but AFAIK Club3D is mostly a thing here in the EU.)

Thanks alot :) but one more thing, why does the box call the port on the gfx card dual DVI-D if it has the four extra pins? isn't that basically dual DVI-I. That's what confused me this whole time

Thanks alot :) but one more thing, why does the box call the port on the gfx card dual DVI-D if it has the four extra pins? isn't that basically dual DVI-I. That's what confused me this whole time

No idea, maybe they mean DVI Dual Link or something.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~