My F@H [Just Started]

Just wanted to share with you guys, that I too started Folding@Home.

Not really a personal reason, but it seemed like I had so much computing power sitting there, I could use it for the good. 

http://gyazo.com/502ecd2044bc348dd358385562219817

That time I saved Linus' WiFi pass from appearing on YouTube: 

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

Just wanted to share with you guys, that I too started Folding@Home.

Not really a personal reason, but it seemed like I had so much computing power sitting there, I could use it for the good. 

http://gyazo.com/502ecd2044bc348dd358385562219817

are you in the ltt team?

EDIT- just clicked the link,,, yes

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

are you in the ltt team?

EDIT- just clicked the link,,, yes

Just noticed: The client says CPU:7, but when I look at task manager, all 8 cores are active..

Explanation?

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

Just noticed: The client says CPU:7, but when I look at task manager, all 8 cores are active..

Explanation?

it dedicates one core to the gpu, mine says 7 as well

if you had two 980's it would show cpu6

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

it dedicates one core to the gpu, mine says 7 as well

if you had two 980's it would show cpu6

Oh ok, thx

Seems like my GPU is killing it.

GPU: 48.30%

CPU; 15.69%

Oh ok, thx

Seems like my GPU is killing it.

GPU: 48.30%

CPU; 15.69%

yah, what cpu do you have?

usually the cpu completes its workload faster, but doesn't give as many points (at least with me)

usually the cpu completes its workload faster, but doesn't give as many points (at least with me)

Odd though.

I've got the power set to full blast, all the time, even when working (I don't even notice anything)

And according to HWMonitor all cores are at 4.4GHz, so 100%

Gpu is GTX 980 G1 Gaming

Edit: Just noticed. Gpu results in 1816 points while CPU results in 19859 points

Odd though.

I've got the power set to full blast, all the time, even when working (I don't even notice anything)

And according to HWMonitor all cores are at 4.4GHz, so 100%

Gpu is GTX 980 G1 Gaming

Edit: Just noticed. Gpu results in 1816 points while CPU results in 19859 points

huh, It does kind of depend on what work unit you have though, maby the work unit on the cpu is really large and provides alot of points whilst the one for the gpu is short with few points. It usually takes about four hours for my gpu to do a average work unit, and 45 mins for my cpu.

huh, It does kind of depend on what work unit you have though, maby the work unit on the cpu is really large and provides alot of points whilst the one for the gpu is short with few points. It usually takes about four hours for my gpu to do a average work unit, and 45 mins for my cpu.

Working on project 9008 according to the monitor.

ETA: 1hour 27 mins (So pretty short I guess?)

Working on project 9008 according to the monitor.

ETA: 1hour 27 mins (So pretty short I guess?)

for gpu?   yes

my gpu cranks through work units faster then my cpu, im running a strix 970 at stock and a 4690k at 4.1, i usually get under 1000 points for my cpu and well alot of points fir my gpu, quick tip if your going to update your driver while folding, DONT it will make the work unit fail and restart, i just lost about 2 hours of folding time cause i forgot to stop it :,(

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

Add the confirmation code to your profile and you'll get 5-10x the points I think

I get about 200-220K/day on my R9 290 just fyi so you can rack in them points better.

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804

Add the confirmation code to your profile and you'll get 5-10x the points I think

I get about 200-220K/day on my R9 290 just fyi so you can rack in them points better.

where do I enter the code ?
Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread !