Antivirus?

hiimbogo
Go to solution Solved by Cacao,

Whatever you do, stay away from norton and mcafee! I would suggest the free AVG, it's a simple, passive antivirus/spyware, if you buy it all get is extra stuff that scans your links and emails, which I think is pretty pointless.

I'm looking for some new antivirus. Is there an antivirus out there that is the "best?"

Kaspersky is awesome

i9 25.6 GHz with NeuronThreading, 256gb 6000 MHz RAM, GTX 990 OC 3024MHz 12gb, Skeletal X99 motherboard, 1 Petabyte SSD, Fractal Design Humaniod R1 Case, Herbivore 10,000W PSU, Noctua NF16 LP Derma Cooler.

Probably the only Star Citizen player who is planning on a career in Journalism instead of piracy, mining, trading, exploration, military, station management, etc.

Generation 0: The first time you see this add 1 to the number and copy it into your sig. Consider it a social experiment.

just wait till one becomes free on newegg after mir

norton has improved the just dont get mcafee

if you want to do it for free the free version of Avast! (for real time) and Malwarebytes (for scans) is a good combo if you dont mind paying Kaspersky or ESET are good 

Just avoid Norton or Mcafee 

give a man a gun he robs a bank, give a man a bank he robs the world

Whatever you do, stay away from norton and mcafee! I would suggest the free AVG, it's a simple, passive antivirus/spyware, if you buy it all get is extra stuff that scans your links and emails, which I think is pretty pointless.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

from my experiences Kaspersky and AVG is the far most annoying AV's i ever used they did their job well but its way too annoying for me 

i use eset smart security (ess 7 beta is free for next 4 months) no annoyance no retarded timed scans weird updates

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I work in an electrical store offering virus removals and computer servicing. We get more computers In that are virused with free avg on them than norton. The one that I have used and found good for gaming is eset nod 32. You would have to pay me to put free avg on my computer. The best I found for malware was malwarebytes. All antivirus packages I have seen have been rubbish at removing malware. This includes norton, free avg and the likes

I use Avast.

Look here:

http://www.av-test.org/en/home/

Pardon my English. Not my native language.

Intel Celeron G1820 Haswell | ASRock B85M-ITX | Transcend 1GB DDR3-1333 | HEC Cougar SL 500W 80+ | Lian Li PC-Q03B ITX | SanDisk Extreme USB 3.0 16GB | OpenElec-XBMC