why the core clock change or the time?

tROVLET

its min 135 and max 1177, should it be like this? i have gtx970 g1

btw, i did some changes in the msi afterburner but i never saved it ( with the V )

H9Wkwjf.jpg

also, could it be dangerous to oc it?

GPUs nowadays almost all have an energy and heat saving feature. 

When it's not in as intensive use, much like a cpu, it will down clock itself to keep temperatures down, and help give the hardware a longer lifespan. It's not dangerous at all, and you're fine to overclock as far as you want to, until you blue screen. Then just tone it back from there.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

GPUs nowadays almost all have an energy and heat saving feature. 

When it's not in as intensive use, much like a cpu, it will down clock itself to keep temperatures down, and help give the hardware a longer lifespan. It's not dangerous at all, and you're fine to overclock as far as you want to, until you blue screen. Then just tone it back from there.

The only dangerous thing is the blue screen? the gpu cant like burn out or something like that? and thanks man! how should i oc the g1 in your mind?

The only dangerous thing is the blue screen? the gpu cant like burn out or something like that? and thanks man! how should i oc the g1 in your mind?

No, nowadays GPU's are pretty limited, and unless you flash it with a custom bios it's almost impossible to do any damage to your card.

So as long as you stick within the boundaries of afterburner you'll be fine.

When in doubt: C4

Not at all. The blue screen just means the overclock wasn't stable. Generally before you get a BSOD you'll get visual artifacting, which is just a warning sign to turn the OC down a bit.

And a G1 gaming can go quite far. Take it as far as you're willing to deal with the extra heat and power consumption. Or if you don't really need the extra 5-10 fps, then don't bother xD. Overclocking doesn't make sense if you don't need the extra fps anyway. I'd not be able to nail it down for sure, every gpu is different in how well it will overclock, but 970's are famous for being damn good overclockers at that.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

No, nowadays GPU's are pretty limited, and unless you flash it with a custom bios it's almost impossible to do any damage to your card.

So as long as you stick within the boundaries of afterburner you'll be fine.

Thanks bro, can you tell me how best to overclock the 970 g1?

and also, what do i need to check ? like benchmark's and all this stuff, how i do this?

Not at all. The blue screen just means the overclock wasn't stable. Generally before you get a BSOD you'll get visual artifacting, which is just a warning sign to turn the OC down a bit.

And a G1 gaming can go quite far. Take it as far as you're willing to deal with the extra heat and power consumption. Or if you don't really need the extra 5-10 fps, then don't bother xD. Overclocking doesn't make sense if you don't need the extra fps anyway. I'd not be able to nail it down for sure, every gpu is different in how well it will overclock, but 970's are famous for being damn good overclockers at that.

Well thanks, ill check out if ill need to overclock,

Thanks bro, can you tell me how best to overclock the 970 g1?

and also, what do i need to check ? like benchmark's and all this stuff, how i do this?

Google, my friend.

But set the powerlimit to the max, and see how high you can go on the core clock before you start artifacting in benchmarks like unigine's heaven benchmark.

When you've found your max core clock OC, you can also OC the memory. Same proces, crank it up slowly till you start artifacting. 

With this method you got your max OC.

I tend to stay 25mHz below my max OC. (to avoid any kind of instability)

When in doubt: C4