mITX Office PC

Hey,

I'm building a PC for my parents and it's going to primarily function as an office PC. (ms office/ emails/ data entry/ myob)

It's an upgrade from a late 2009 Imac that has been freaking out recently. The aim was also to have something compact.

It will also be used as a mini media station so they can play movies on it. So I am unsure if I need to slap a gpu into it or if the cpu could handle it.

It will be running with a 27" 2560 x 1440 monitor.

It has some parts that are over kill (8gb memory...) but I would prefer it not to bottleneck anywhere in the near future.

They already have the OS and other necassary peripherals.

Here's the part picker list:

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/bLzgcf

The parts will be purchased within the week from Australian retailers.

Let me know what you think.

I checked twice, so I hope everything's compatable.

Budget is max $900

Thanks in advance!

What is your budget? Someone will probably be able to build you something better if you put a budget!

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

What is your budget? Someone will probably be able to build you something better if you put a budget!

fixed original post. :)

Budget of $900 max

There's honestly nothing wrong with that build. Maybe step the SSD down to a BX100 128GB, but apart from that, good work.

Thanks NeatSquidYT! :)

There's honestly nothing wrong with that build. Maybe step the SSD down to a BX100 128GB, but apart from that, good work.