Google connection issues

DaedalusOS

So for the past few days my internet sometimes just refuses to load anything google related (with the exception of GMail). It happens out of the blue. Sometimes someone will link me a video and it will load up fine, or other times it will start loading then it will play 15 minutes later when I'm in the middle of a game. I don't know whats up with it. Google.com sometimes doesn't even load, which is absurd. Whenever it happens, every other website loads just fine. No specific timing of the issues either.

I just tried to go to google.com a few minutes ago and I got this error on Chrome: "ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED"

Another error: "ERR_QUIC_PROTOCOL_ERROR"

"ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED"

What I've tried:

• Resetting Modem (Unplugged it and let it sit there, clicked the reset button on the configuration page, and clicked the reset button on the back of the modem itself)
  • Re-Installed Windows (I re-install it every few months to keep it clean)

I know this is not just on my PC, as a little bit ago Youtube was refusing to load even on my phone.

My PC specs are in my signature if for some reason, they're needed. BIOS is up to date, Windows 8.1 Pro x64.

If I left something out or you need some more info, please let me know. I will also add more error messages as there is more than just that one.

Thanks!

Specs:

Intel i7-4790K @ 4.7 GHz cooled by Corsair H80i | ASUS Maximus VII Formula |  G.Skill 8 GB (2 x 4GB) 2133 | EVGA 980 Superclocked (Fry) | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro OS Drive | WD Black HDD | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO | Corsair Vengeance K70 | Logitech G502 Proteus Core

lol @ AMD 8350

So for the past few days my internet sometimes just refuses to load anything google related (with the exception of GMail). It happens out of the blue. Sometimes someone will link me a video and it will load up fine, or other times it will start loading then it will play 15 minutes later when I'm in the middle of a game. I don't know whats up with it. Google.com sometimes doesn't even load, which is absurd. Whenever it happens, every other website loads just fine. No specific timing of the issues either.

I just tried to go to google.com a few minutes ago and I got this error on Chrome: "ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED"

What I've tried:

• Resetting Modem (Unplugged it and let it sit there, clicked the reset button on the configuration page, and clicked the reset button on the back of the modem itself)
  • Re-Installed Windows (I re-install it every few months to keep it clean)

I know this is not just on my PC, as a little bit ago Youtube was refusing to load even on my phone.

My PC specs are in my signature if for some reason, they're needed. BIOS is up to date, Windows 8.1 Pro x64.

If I left something out or you need some more info, please let me know. I will also add more error messages as there is more than just that one.

Thanks!

What's your download speed? http://speedtest.net

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

What's your download speed? http://speedtest.net

I really don't see how this is relevant seeing as how this issue just arose, but here ya go:

4448282306.png

I can watch videos at 1080p just fine and 1440p on my phone just fine as well.

Specs:

Intel i7-4790K @ 4.7 GHz cooled by Corsair H80i | ASUS Maximus VII Formula |  G.Skill 8 GB (2 x 4GB) 2133 | EVGA 980 Superclocked (Fry) | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro OS Drive | WD Black HDD | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO | Corsair Vengeance K70 | Logitech G502 Proteus Core

lol @ AMD 8350

I really don't see how this is relevant seeing as how this issue just arose, but here ya go:

4448282306.png

I can watch videos at 1080p just fine and 1440p on my phone just fine as well.

You never know... Can you go ahead and ping Google.com from CMD?

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

You never know... Can you go ahead and ping Google.com from CMD?

0648bc84280911a5c0ba23a73087a968.png

But like I said, the issues happen at random times, so when it does it again I'll try to get another ping test for you.

Specs:

lol @ AMD 8350

0648bc84280911a5c0ba23a73087a968.png

But like I said, the issues happen at random times, so when it does it again I'll try to get another ping test for you.

I'll follow the thread for future developments.

have you got an ad blocker installed, i know they can cause issues with google or something like ghostery or other extensions that impact on privacy/cookies/etc

have you got an ad blocker installed, i know they can cause issues with google or something like ghostery or other extensions that impact on privacy/cookies/etc

He gets the problem on mobile, too... 

Like I said in my post, it's not isolated to just my PC. It happens on my phone as well.

Specs:

lol @ AMD 8350

I'll follow the thread for future developments.

So Google.com currently isn't loading in my browser, but it still pings just fine in cmd.

I also got a different error: "ERR_QUIC_PROTOCOL_ERROR"

Specs:

lol @ AMD 8350

Like I said in my post, it's not isolated to just my PC. It happens on my phone as well.

on my android mobile i have had the issue before in youtube and in chrome when i have adblock installed on the device as an app, hence my suggestion was all

So Google.com currently isn't loading in my browser, but it still pings just fine in cmd.

I also got a different error: "ERR_QUIC_PROTOCOL_ERROR"

Search in your OmniBox: "chrome://flags"

Scroll down to "Experimental QUIC protocol"

Disable that son of a gun

What does that flag actually do? Is it worth having it enabled?

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

What does that flag actually do? Is it worth having it enabled?

Heck no. It "supposedly" makes browsing faster on https (secure http). But it can lead to connection issues between you and your YouTube videos.

Nope.avi, still doing the same thing. It pretty much has to be something to do with the internet itself, since it's happening on 2 different devices.

Specs:

lol @ AMD 8350

Got another error: "ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED"

Specs:

lol @ AMD 8350

Got another error: "ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED"

Uninstall Chrome then reinstall. If that doesn't help, it's a problem with your device. It could be malware or driver related.

Uninstall Chrome then reinstall. If that doesn't help, it's a problem with your device. It could be malware or driver related.

Again.... not just an issue with my pc...

Specs:

lol @ AMD 8350

Again.... not just an issue with my pc...

Android or IOS?

Android or IOS?

Dude, you were helping me out with this the other day, and you even corrected someone for it. It's an issue that's not isolated to my PC, it's something to do with my network.

Specs:

lol @ AMD 8350

Dude, you were helping me out with this the other day, and you even corrected someone for it. It's an issue that's not isolated to my PC, it's something to do with my network.

Whoops... I forgot all the info you told me. Give me a minute to read it over and think about possible issues.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chrome-connectivity-diagn/eemlkeanncmjljgehlbplemhmdmalhdc?hl=en

Run a diagnostic with this^It's a godsend for quick fixes.

It should tell you exactly what's wrong.