Battery life

Nexo

Hey I'm wondering if I kept on just charging my iPhone 6 when its at 100% does it decrease battery life?

I hear people say this all the time, but dont the phones have tech incorporated into them that basically doesnt take in any more charge if its at 100% or was that just a rumor I heard?

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I have no clue I looked over some websites some say yes and no

I think for the most part its standard in today's age to be a trickle charge after 100%, and given that it is Apple I can't imagine that they would have skipped this type of feature. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Hey I'm wondering if I kept on just charging my iPhone 6 when its at 100% does it decrease battery life?

All electronic devices have a standard block to prevent overcharging other wise your battery would experience a volatile event.

You can leave your phone in for a week straight and the only thing that will happen is once the battery drops to 98% it will charge it back to 100%

*Edit to add a link.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/expert-advice-on-how-to-avoid-destroying-your-phones-battery/

Edited by SansVarnic

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER