What is the difference between the Fury and Fury X?

StopTheWar

Just curious on what the difference is because there were some benchmarks that stated the Fury was slightly slower than the 980 Ti, but the Fury X was faster than the Titan X

There have been many wars that have rocked the face of Earth, Many have heard of WWI, WWII, The Cold War, The Vietnam War and the Iraq War. But there has been a war that only a handful of humans know.....AMD vs Intel. It all started in 1985 when Intel released the first 32bit processor, the Intel 386. This war has been raging on for decades and Intel and AMD are still at each others throats. Fanboys have been ruthlessly killed, motherboards have been short circuited and most gruesome of all... CPU pins have been bent. Stop this war before it is too late. #STOPTHISWAR

Fury has a GPU that is slightly dumbed down. Fury X is the full-blown GPU.(they both use the same core)***

***Disclaimer: I do not have a proper source, but rather basing my statement on the 290 and 290X.

Edited by Godlygamer23

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Fury has a  GPU that is slightly dumbed down. Fury X is the full-blown GPU.(they both use the same core)

Is Fury X the one with 2 variants? the one with AIO and Air?

Processor : i7-6700k (stock speed)

Cooler : Hyper 212X

Motherboard: MSI Krait Gaming Z170

RAM : 4x4gb LPX Memory

Boot Device : Samsung 860 EVO

GPU : ZOTAC 1070 Extreme

PSU :Antec HCG-620M

Fury has a  GPU that is slightly dumbed down. Fury X is the full-blown GPU.(they both use the same core)Oka

Okay, so the Fury X is like a Ti equivalent of AMD?

There have been many wars that have rocked the face of Earth, Many have heard of WWI, WWII, The Cold War, The Vietnam War and the Iraq War. But there has been a war that only a handful of humans know.....AMD vs Intel. It all started in 1985 when Intel released the first 32bit processor, the Intel 386. This war has been raging on for decades and Intel and AMD are still at each others throats. Fanboys have been ruthlessly killed, motherboards have been short circuited and most gruesome of all... CPU pins have been bent. Stop this war before it is too late. #STOPTHISWAR

According to PCper (http://www.pcper.com/news/Graphics-Cards/AMD-Officially-Announces-Radeon-R9-Fury-X-and-Fury-Graphics-Cards), The Fury X is the AIO version that will release in a few days. The Fury will be air cooled, but it is not confirmed whether that and the price drop is the only change or not.

Fury has a  GPU that is slightly dumbed down. Fury X is the full-blown GPU.(they both use the same core)

What is your source?

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

What is your source?

If it's $100 less, it's probably a slightly dumbed down version of the same GPU. If you use the 290 and 290X as an example, the 290X was the fully blown GPU while the "normal" 290 was the slightly less powerful version.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

According to PCper (http://www.pcper.com/news/Graphics-Cards/AMD-Officially-Announces-Radeon-R9-Fury-X-and-Fury-Graphics-Cards), The Fury X is the AIO version that will release in a few days. The Fury will be air cooled, but it is not confirmed whether that and the price drop is the only change or not.

This^

If it's $100 less, it's probably a slightly dumbed down version of the same GPU. If you use the 290 and 290X as an example, the 290X was the fully blown GPU while the "normal" 290 was the slightly less powerful version.

The AIO has to cost something

Processor : i7-6700k (stock speed)

Cooler : Hyper 212X

Motherboard: MSI Krait Gaming Z170

RAM : 4x4gb LPX Memory

Boot Device : Samsung 860 EVO

GPU : ZOTAC 1070 Extreme

PSU :Antec HCG-620M

This^

The AIO has to cost something

Yes, but it also depends on the air cooler that AMD decides to use.

Yes, but it also depends on the air cooler that AMD decides to use.

So you don't have a source? The way you typed in your original source, you made it looked like what you said is known fact.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Just curious on what the difference is because there were some benchmarks that stated the Fury was slightly slower than the 980 Ti, but the Fury X was faster than the Titan X

It was theorized before the e3 conference that they would be different but at the conference they stated the only difference was the x had the water cooler and the non x was air cooled. At least that's what I heard as I was half paying attention to it.

So you don't have a source? The way you typed in your original source, you made it looked like what you said is known fact.

I'm using the 290 and 290X as my source. However since that is not a real source, I will add a disclaimer to my post. That being said, if the Fury X is liquid cooled by default and the Fury is air cooled by default, something tells me the Fury X must be liquid cooled in order to sustain operation, and that the Fury is dumbed down to be cooled by air successfully.

Fury has a GPU that is slightly dumbed down. Fury X is the full-blown GPU.(they both use the same core)***

***Disclaimer: I do not have a proper source, but rather basing my statement on the 290 and 290X.

I would assume it is the same difference between a 290 and a 290x as stated above

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

Fury = Air cooled

Fury X = AIO cooled

That is the only difference they indicated during the announcement. Mentioned nothing about performance differences. 

The Fury X has  custom AIO with a custom full block. Not just a cheap Asetek AIO block slapped on the GPU core. Some actual R&D went into this cooler, so having it cost $100 more totally makes sense vs the air cooled version. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS