Any recommendations to upgrade a 280x and 270x?

Shine_Syahr

I currently own 2 gaming rigs with a 280x and 270x. Both running i5 cpus.

I've had no issues with either cards whatsoever and am very happy with them but am looking to upgrade with the current release of new AMD gpus.

Is it even worth it to upgrade to the new 300 series gpus? Seeing that they are all rebrands. I know there aren't any real benchmarks from Linus or legit reviewers yet.

I am aware of the Fury cards and will be looking to build 1 really high end gaming rig in the coming cards. But specifically for the 2 cards I own. What would be a logical upgrade. I can go Nvidia too. No issues. It's just that I got the 280x and 270x for a really good price so I'm not specifically an AMD fan boy.

1080p gaming is all I'm looking at.

Only Fury/X is a worthy upgrade from a 280X because the highest 300 series card on release will just be a rebranded 290X.

For 270X you could upgrade to a 300 series or just grab a 290/X now as they're just going to be rebrands anyways

"Rawr XD"

No reason to upgrade to 300 series. Basically just re-brands with no huge performance increases. You could upgrade to gtx 960 over r9 270x however probably not worth it due to only 10-15% performance boost. I would say gtx 970 or r9 290 (really cheap atm) would be good upgrades, however 270x and 280x are both good cards

i3 4170 : Asus R9 270 : MSI h81M-Pro VD : Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO : Seagate Barracuda 1TB : NZXT Source 210 : Some Random RAM

I don't see much point on it if you are still going to be driving a 1080p monitor on each rig.

I actually want that 390x though just because I drooled over the 290x 8gb version for so damn long but it was way overpriced back then. Haha.. its just a card I personally would just like to own.

I actually thought of waiting for some of these new AMD cards to be on the used market so they would be cheaper. I feel that would justify a 300 series upgrade. Since my current cards are doing fine anyway.

Put the 280X in the 270X rig and put a 390X in the 280X rig.

Intel i5-4690K @ 3.8GHz || Gigabyte Z97X-SLI || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz || Asus GTX 760 2GB @ 1150 / 6400 || 128GB A-Data SX900 + 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM || Corsair RM650 || Fractal 3500W

I would probably get a R9 290 as it's pretty cheap and runs most games at 1080p just fine.

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4