Mini Display Port and 4k

Angelz&Airwavez

Hey, today, i just picked up an Acer 4k dispay. I have a question i should have asked before i bought it, but it was at such an insane price I had to pick it up because it was the last one. The question ragards my Radeon 7950 and its 2x mini display port connectors. The monitor I just purchased has a Display port connector and a Mini Display port connector. MY GPU only has 2x mini display port connectors. So my question is, does my GPU's mini display port version support 4k @ 60hz?

Thanks

Yes.

Mini-Display Port is like normal DisplayPort. It just doesn't hold too well due to lack of latch system. So just make sure the cable is properly inserted. It is also easy to put it on reverse. So be careful on that as it will break the port. It should need force.

If you can't can get 4K 60Hz. Check the monitor on screen menu, it might be set to be on DisplayPort 1.1, and not DisplayPort 1.2, so switch to that. Refer to your monitor manual.

Yes.

Mini-Display Port is like normal DisplayPort. It just doesn't hold too well due to lack of latch system.

Thanks Bro, I was scared there for a minute