Color on the tubing or the coolant?

I think clear tubing and colored coolant looks much better

Clear tubing and coloured coolant. 

+1

If your going with coloured coolant, using dyes make sure you use mayhems dyes ;)

You can't walk out of your own story - Rango

If your going with coloured coolant, using dyes make sure you use mayhems dyes ;)

Is there a particular reason for this?

I normally use clear tubing and a premixed coolant for easy, it looks better and distilled water costs an arm and a leg in the uk.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

I normally use clear tubing and a premixed coolant for easy, it looks better and distilled water costs an arm and a leg in the uk.

I'm going with dye because I have to get everything shipped from the States to Chile, so every gram I can reduce, the better for shipping costs. And distilled water is really cheap here