cx600m loud on load

JD3

Hi All,

I recently built the following build

case: razer h440 - all stock fans gone, three total fans running off fan controller 

processor: i7 4790k - stock cooling for now

gpu: gtx 980 g1

ram: 2 8gb evga ram sticks

250 gb ssd (samsung 850 evo)

PSU - corsair cx600m 

My power supply seams to have a really loud buzzing/vibration noise. i took it out of the case and inspected it while running and it doesnt seam to be the fan. the noise will go away and then com back. even cutting out for seconds at a time very abruptly   

has any way seen these issues before this is my first build so im not sure if its normal for the PSU to get this loud. are there any more reliable silent options for PSU's that you could recommend

Thanks in advance for any/all responses!

That's called coil whine, usually they don't warrant a replacement. Maybe if it's really terrible though.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

My power supply seams to have a really loud buzzing/vibration noise. i took it out of the case and inspected it while running and it doesnt seam to be the fan. the noise will go away and then com back. even cutting out for seconds at a time very abruptly   

That's called coil whine, usually they don't warrant a replacement. Maybe if it's really terrible though.

If coil whine is terribly loud or irritating it still doesn't warrant a replacement to most if not all manufacturers, since it's not a defect that prevents proper function of the PSU.

"Rawr XD"