Corsair AX760i Driver Problem

blknight88
Go to solution Solved by Flamewalker,

Is the application name that is crashing CorsairUsbDongle.exe?

If it is,then download http://forum.corsair.com/v3/attachment.php?attachmentid=12940&d=1373025856 ,unzip it and right click cmiusb.inf or install it trough device manager and then it should work

Was mentioned on the corsair forums. http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=116413&page=6

So I just got and installed my new Corsair AX760i and I tried to installed the Corsair Link software (2.3.4816)

and at on point the driver utility just pops up saying it didn't respond and closes.

The Corsair Link program works fine but it never installed the driver for it. Oh and it does show up in device manager just no driver.

I ran it as administrator, uninstalled it, disabled my antivirus and tried installing under compatibility mode but it still it wouldn't install the drivers.

Any ideas?

System Specs: i7-4770K @ 4.4 GHz 16GB Corsair Ram @ 2000MHz Asus GTX 670 DC2T

"Oh and it does show up in device manager just no driver."

1. Sometimes the computer needs to be rebooted for it to Complete the install of the driver.

2.Do windows update, sometimes only if your lucky they'll happen to have the driver you need for it(Don't do all the updates just scroll through them to find "Corsair" in the list).

3.Make sure there is'nt a update on the manufactures website for your power supply.

If it shows up in device manager, but is not correctly installed, try this

Right click it, Then select "Update Driver Software"

First try "Search automatical for updated driver software"

If it doesn't find anything, go to "Browse my computer for driver software"

Insert the Software Cd it came with and select "Browse"

Select the drive with the Software CD and press ok.

It should search the CD for the driver and install it.

When you do Compatibility mode use windows XP service pack 2 or 3 if it dose'nt have win7/8 , or windows  7/8 if i has it. 

"You are who you choose to be.....Choose"

See my Profile for my 

That generic response for a driver problem is not applicable for this circumstance. Thanks anyway.

So I figured out that it wouldn't install because of some driver from Nvidia. So after uninstalling my display drivers it worked.

Then putting my display driver back on it stopped working.

I tried it with the beta software from corsair, Nvidia drivers 314, 320, and even 326 beta drivers and it still won't work.

The file causing this is the nvd3d9wrap.dll

I have no idea what to do to fix this?

Is the application name that is crashing CorsairUsbDongle.exe?

If it is,then download http://forum.corsair.com/v3/attachment.php?attachmentid=12940&d=1373025856 ,unzip it and right click cmiusb.inf or install it trough device manager and then it should work

Was mentioned on the corsair forums. http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=116413&page=6

Yes it is. Yea I found that same page a couple hours ago.

I tried clicking the cmiusb.inf file and selecting install but it responds with "The INF file you selected does not support this method of installation."

I also tried to install via device manager but I guess I did it wrong before cause this time I got it to install.

I rebooted and it WORKS!! Thanks a bunch!