CM quickfire Rapid or XT?

DotoreN

So I currently own a CM quickfire pro, but it's kind of dying so i'm looking for a new mech keyboard.

I'm kinda choosing between the Rapid & XT. I'm leaning towards the rapid, unless the new model has bad build quality.

The original rapid looks like: http://i.ytimg.com/vi/2puyuU289QQ/maxresdefault.jpg

And the new CM quickfire rapid (Red switch) looks like: http://ic.tweakimg.net/ext/i/2000537442.jpeg

My question to you: Is the 'new' cm quickfire rapid that also features multiple switches the same build quality as the original CM Rapid?

So basically, is there any difference between the old & new CM quickfire rapid?

Otherwise i'll probably just go for the XT, as it's really similar to my "Pro".

TK!

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

TK!

TK is basically the same as my Pro, but a little slimmed down with the numpad. I heard TK, PRO & Ultimate were made by iOne while the rapid & XT were made by Costar. Costar as far as I know just has better build quality. Also usually LED keyboards have bad keycaps (I experienced that on my Pro). Also the Pro model I have is a little too "high" in the front if you ask me ;p

That's the reason i'm thinking between Rapid & XT, also because they're "slimmer" than the TK & Pro.

TK is basically the same as my Pro, but a little slimmed down with the numpad. I heard TK, PRO & Ultimate were made by iOne while the rapid & XT were made by Costar. Costar as far as I know just has better build quality. Also usually LED keyboards have bad keycaps (I experienced that on my Pro). Also the Pro model I have is a little too "high" in the front if you ask me ;p

That's the reason i'm thinking between Rapid & XT, also because they're "slimmer" than the TK & Pro.

still tk!

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I own the Rapid Limited Edition w/Greens and it feels made amazingly well. I think the TK is made by iOne, but I've felt the thing and it feels super solid.

If you're concerned about quality upfront then go with Ducky.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I love my quickfire rapid with mx blues. It's a great, affordable mechanical keyboard and I love the extra desk space I get by not having the number pad.

I own the Rapid Limited Edition w/Greens and it feels made amazingly well. I think the TK is made by iOne, but I've felt the thing and it feels super solid.

I love my quickfire rapid with mx blues. It's a great, affordable mechanical keyboard and I love the extra desk space I get by not having the number pad.

My pro feels a bit too "high" in the front, it's like 22mm (2.2cm), you can't just rest on the table with your palm if you have relative small hands.

How thick is the front with the rapid? Are you guys able to measure that for me? I really hope between 1 and 1.9cm or so.

Thanks in advance.

My pro feels a bit too "high" in the front, it's like 22mm (2.2cm), you can't just rest on the table with your palm if you have relative small hands.

How thick is the front with the rapid? Are you guys able to measure that for me? I really hope between 1 and 1.9cm or so.

Thanks in advance.

3 cm lol

Thanks in advance.

At the thinnest mine is about 1.8 cm. At the thickest it's like 2.5 cm

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

3 cm lol

I said the front of the keyboard, not the back xD

But STRM mentioned 1.8 & 2.5 so that's pretty slim! :)

At the thinnest mine is about 1.8 cm. At the thickest it's like 2.5 cm

Ah ok that's def thinner than mine. Quickfire rapid it is :)

No problem!

Ooops, I I thought you meant the thickest part when you said front.

Ooops, I I thought you meant the thickest part when you said front.

Haha, no problem!

I bet the "front" is also around 1.8 with yours?

You mentioned 3cm at the thickest part, STRM said 2.5cm. So maybe one of you can't measure well  :ph34r:  :D

But thanks in advance! I mean the height is pretty important to me, because I actually dislike a wristrest, that's why I want the keyboard to be slimm near the spacebar.

Haha, no problem!

I bet the "front" is also around 1.8 with yours?

You mentioned 3cm at the thickest part, STRM said 2.5cm. So maybe one of you can't measure well  :ph34r:  :D

But thanks in advance! I mean the height is pretty important to me, because I actually dislike a wristrest, that's why I want the keyboard to be slimm near the spacebar.

ffNiiXL.jpg

The tk actually isn't made by iOne nor Costar. It is still built very well though, it is more in the middle of iOne and Costar.

Hi.

The tk actually isn't made by iOne nor Costar. It is still built very well though, it is more in the middle of iOne and Costar.

No argument needed here, just a source please?

No argument needed here, just a source please?

I wasn't trying to start an argument, but maybe the way I worded my response made it seem as if I was. I apologize for that. As for the Oem, I can tell you that it is a Chinese one, but from what i have heard practically everywhere someone asks for the oem is "It is a mystery Oem, not Costar or iOne".

Hi.

I wasn't trying to start an argument, but maybe the way I worded my response made it seem as if I was. I apologize for that. As for the Oem, I can tell you that it is a Chinese one, but from what i have heard practically everywhere someone asks for the oem is "It is a mystery Oem, not Costar or iOne".

Ah, gotcha. Naw it didn't sound like you were trying to start an argument, I just wanted to make sure I didn't sound like I was :P

Ah, gotcha. Naw it didn't sound like you were trying to start an argument, I just wanted to make sure I didn't sound like I was

Oh okay, I thought that my comment made me seem as if i was looking for an argument, thanks for clearing it up! The internet can be a very confusing place sometimes  :) . 

Hi.