Sound Card Help: Moving my Sound Card into a new PCI-E Slot and Sound Quality is Being Affected

Go to solution Solved by Zanthraz,

Found the problem.  It must have been a bug with the sound card driver.  When i installed the newest update, the louder pci-e slot system memory jumped from 50% to 70%.  Since I have the Xonar driver controlling the system settings, it must have been reporting the wrong volume outputs between the pci-e slots.  everything seems to be fixed.  Thanks for the help guys.

Sound card drivers causing problems, wow.  That never happens now does it ;)

So I'm currently expecting my new graphics card soon and want to re organise the internals of my computer to accommodate for it, since it's an open air design as opposed to my current blower card. Currently I have my sound card underneath my GPU, and want to move it into the slow above it to allow for better breathing room.  However, when I place it into the new slot the audio volume is considerably lower.  I have tested this with a decibel meter and there is certainly a lower output of sound.  My system volume hasn't changed, and I'm not altering my speaker or sound card settings either.  My questions are, its this normal and what could be causing it, is there something I can do to fix it without changing my volume settings, and to a lesser extent is it important to give room between the GPU and the card to begin with?

I am using a Xonar Essence STX in a Z87X-UD3H motherboard.  I am planning on placing a 980ti ACX card in my computer and the card is in the immediately lower PCI-E 1x slot, right underneath the card.  Thank in advance guys :)

Check the volume level in the software for the sound card, not your system volume.

Check the volume level in the software for the sound card, not your system volume.

I can't see any differences i the sound card software, it looks like its keeping my settings.

Found the problem.  It must have been a bug with the sound card driver.  When i installed the newest update, the louder pci-e slot system memory jumped from 50% to 70%.  Since I have the Xonar driver controlling the system settings, it must have been reporting the wrong volume outputs between the pci-e slots.  everything seems to be fixed.  Thanks for the help guys.

Sound card drivers causing problems, wow.  That never happens now does it ;)