The Gaming Group

WillFromGA

What kind of group is this?

A group of people that like to play various types of games.

What do we do?

In short, we play video games and talk about it. We vote on a video game to play for a couple of weeks and then we talk about it. We will talk about anything as long as it is about the video game that week or how it relates to other games. 

How do we know what game to play?

I will create a new thread with a list of recommended games (not sure what the best way to recommend games is at the moment so if anyone could shed some light on me that would be great) and then we will take a vote on which game to play. This thread will be constantly updated to the new game to be played, where/how to get it, etc.

What kind of games do we play?

Any game we can get our hands on. The plan is to play games that reach a bigger audience so more members can enjoy. One way of doing this is playing Playstation 1/2 and Gamecube games as we can get the systems and games for free with a google search and a couple of mouse clicks. (Please don't say anything about pirating. These systems and games are so old that the developers don't sell them anymore. The only way to get the physical copy of a Playstation game is from peer to peer. This goes for the systems as well).

How long do we have to play the game?

Hopefully, forever. I hope that if someone is late finishing a game or late playing the game and still wishes to talk about it, they could still go back to the games/weeks thread and talk about it and other people will reply back, even though it is a game that we covered a month ago. 

I was thinking that we start a new game every three(3) weeks, talk about the game for a couple of days or even a week and then start the next game. So every four(4) weeks, there is a new game to be played and talked about.

Where do we talk about it?

There will be a new thread dedicated to each game that will constantly be linked from this thread.

Courtesy of @Vendetta, use this a format when recommending a game 

Title

Game info

Genre:

Release date:

Features:

Description:

Requirements:

System:

Cost:

Software:

Where to attain:

Why I recommend:

|Start*

Cover Art

What is this thread?

This is the home for the group. New members join here, any updates made will be here first and a full members list will be here and put in the new thread that displays what game and the talking about the game so everyone will get a notification of the new game.

What is the goal of this group?

Our goal is for people to find great games. 

Where to get the Playstation 2 emulator

1. Go to pcsx2.net and download the version and operation system that you need. As of now, there are versions for Windows, Linux and Mac. I have only       tested for Windows myself.
  2. Install the emulator where ever you want it.
  3. Select your language.
  4. The first time configuration should be able to leave all at default. This will get you into games immediately and then you can Google what those options are later.
  5. Next, we need the Bios.  You need to download the Bios for the emulator. You can do that here. I am hoping that works as this is my first time using Google Drive. Please let me know as soon as possible if it doesn't. Unzip the downloaded file using "extract here". (That is for 7zip, not sure for Winrar. I assume it's the same thing). It will create a file named "bios". Then navigate to where the PCSX2 folder is (Usually in the Documents folder), then paste the unzipped bios folder in there.
  6. Then go back to PCSX2 and you may need to click "refresh list" and then click what Bios you want. Pick the country that you are playing the games from. When you download the game, it usually tells you USA or Japan or something like that. Also, pick the latest version of that country.
  7. Get the games that you want from here. You will need to unzip them to get the .iso. 
  8. Then to play a game, go to the system tab, BootCDVD (fast) and then select the game .iso you wish to play.
  9. Have fun. I will include more instructions like how to add a controller later.

Also, any improvements to this would be greatly appreciated.

Members

@ThatCoolBlueKidd @ONOTech @Sharkyx1 @KingCry @Vendetta

My Computer

Beef Cake

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz - EVGA 970 FTW - ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1866MHz - 120GB Samsung Evo - 1TB Toshiba Drive - 320GB Samsung Barracuda - Corsair 500M

Reserved for game links and thread

My Computer

Beef Cake

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz - EVGA 970 FTW - ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1866MHz - 120GB Samsung Evo - 1TB Toshiba Drive - 320GB Samsung Barracuda - Corsair 500M

Nice, I say for deciding a game we post a thread for current game (so thread would be game1, or date it, or however you wish to numerate it). Have member post their recommended game with a standardized format including proper info about the game (release date, genre, single or multiplayer, shit like that), where to get it and what you need to play it, an about game section, and why they recommend it. Pic of case cover would be cool also.

@WillFromGA

Edit* Also you may want to eventually add a spoiler for the group member tags so that it doesn't take up a huge amount of space on post.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

Nice, I say for deciding a game we post a thread for current game (so thread would be game1, or date it, or however you wish to numerate it). Have member post their recommended game with a standardized format including proper info about the game (release date, genre, single or multiplayer, shit like that), where to get it and what you need to play it, an about game section, and why they recommend it. Pic of case cover would be cool also.

@WillFromGA

So I create a post saying that the new game is Fallout 4. Then the members reply underneath that with what the next game should be?

My Computer

Beef Cake

So are we going to have divisions like

F2P game

old games

On Sale

I dunno, if someone want's to put some thought into it.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

So are we going to have divisions like

F2P game

old games

On Sale

I dunno, if someone want's to put some thought into it.

If we were to do this, then I feel like there should be more than one game out at the same time. I would say that there can't be two genres in a row. To make it a little bit more diverse.

My Computer

Beef Cake

So I create a post saying that the new game is Fallout 4. Then the members reply underneath that with what the next game should be?

No not exactly. I say you start a thread titled "the gaming group: week 1" then have members post below what games they recommend then for members to vote they like the post of which game they want to play. Take the top 3 or 2 or however many and add a poll to the thread to allow for a final vote and then we play that game.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

No not exactly. I say you start a thread titled "the gaming group: week 1" then have members post below what games they recommend then for members to vote they like the post of which game they want to play. Take the top 3 or 2 or however many and add a poll to the thread to allow for a final vote and then we play that game.

Okay, that seems logical and ideal.

My Computer

Beef Cake

If we were to do this, then I feel like there should be more than one game out at the same time. I would say that there can't be two genres in a row. To make it a little bit more diverse.

I don't think this is a good idea, I just think we should include that type of information in our recommendation posts and allow that information to affect people's votes.

I don't think this is a good idea, I just think we should include that type of information in our recommendation posts and allow that information to affect people's votes.

I'm not liking the more than one game at a time either. Whenever someone suggests a game to be played, they should definitely put the genre the game falls under. But I do like that there can't be back to back genres.

My Computer

Beef Cake

I'm not liking the more than one game at a time either. Whenever someone suggests a game to be played, they should definitely put the genre the game falls under. But I do like that there can't be back to back genres.

Title

Game info

Genre:

Release date:

Features:

Description:

Requirements:

System:

Cost:

Software:

Where to attain:

Why I recommend:

|Start*

Cover Art