Dac Problem

Fluffinator
Go to solution Solved by creatip123,

Tubes gotta have a very secure connection points on each legs. Bad connections caused by loose clamps, dirt, gunk, etc, will destroy the resulting sound.

Try using these: http://www.amazon.com/Cary-Bakelite-Vaccum-Socket-Saver/dp/B00KOT96WA/I think they're cheaper on ebay. Just be sure it's the right leg (9 legs)

Lots of people use those to roll their tubes frequently. That way, the original clamps won't get loose by plugging unplugging the tubes.

So, recently I've been getting this annoying thing where I have to readjust my tube on the Aune T1 Mk2, everytime I turn it on, or the right channel won't work. I use the included tube that comes with it and it seems as though the connection's don't fit very well and are wobbly, I was wondering if something like the E88CC would fix this as it's higher quality, and maybe less likely to wooble around? Anyone have experience with this and how to fix this problem? Maybe the include tube just sucks. Also it can get staticy, humming unless the tube is securely pressed into the connectors every single time I wake up.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Are you seriously asking this on LTT? Computer Audiophile or Canuck Audio Mart are the forums you want. 

Intel Inside. Overweight guy in his 30's outside.

Are you seriously asking this on LTT? Computer Audiophile or Canuck Audio Mart are the forums you want. 

Well there's a lot of knowledgeable people here aswell, I've never been on those aswell, will check them out though thanks.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Tubes gotta have a very secure connection points on each legs. Bad connections caused by loose clamps, dirt, gunk, etc, will destroy the resulting sound.

Try using these: http://www.amazon.com/Cary-Bakelite-Vaccum-Socket-Saver/dp/B00KOT96WA/I think they're cheaper on ebay. Just be sure it's the right leg (9 legs)

Lots of people use those to roll their tubes frequently. That way, the original clamps won't get loose by plugging unplugging the tubes.

Thanks exactly what I was looking for.

@creatip123 one quick question, do you think the E88CC is worth getting? I bought what you linked as well, so thanks for that.

@creatip123 one quick question, do you think the E88CC is worth getting? I bought what you linked as well, so thanks for that.

E88CC of what?

E88CC is just the model/type number. There are different brands. Go to head-fi's T1 thread to read more impressions.

Anyway, only tried 3 tubes, the stock, genalex gold lion, and russian voskhod rocket logo, the one I'm using now.

E88CC of what?

E88CC is just the model/type number. There are different brands. Go to head-fi's T1 thread to read more impressions.

Anyway, only tried 3 tubes, the stock, genalex gold lion, and russian voskhod rocket logo, the one I'm using now.

The genalex gold lion is the same as the E88CC, my bad shoulda typed that out fully, it's the one that is recommeded as a bundle with the Aune on amazon, same one that comes with them if you buy them on massdrop.

The genalex gold lion is the same as the E88CC, my bad shoulda typed that out fully, it's the one that is recommeded as a bundle with the Aune on amazon, same one that comes with them if you buy them on massdrop.

E88CC is actually the legs and/or triode configuration. It's like 6DJ8, 6922, etc, which are all interchangeable.

So the genalex gold lion is E88CC, but E88CC is not limited to genalex gold lion only. Here are some other E88CC:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TELEFUNKEN-E88CC-ECC88-CCa-6DJ8-6922-ULM-GERMANY-1968-GOLD-PIN-SINGLE-TUBE-/361213129224?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5419faf208

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Matched-Pair-E88CC-CCa-Valvo-RED-GREY-SHIELDS-NOS-same-codes-7896-/321761556097?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item4aea7bb681

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VERY-STRONG-PAIR-SIEMENS-2-x-E88CC-Vintage-Double-Triode-Tubes-Gold-Pin-/251640144122?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a96ebe0fa

About the codes, I asked in T1's thread in headfi, got this answer: 

6DJ8 = ECC88

6922 = E88CC (better specs than 6DJ8; longer tube life)

JAN 6922 = 7308 = E188CC (Military version; better specs than 6922... tighter tolerances and more robust heater)

CCa = E88CC with good specs

As for the sounds, they all have their good points. Generally speaking, the level of "refinement" increases as you go up the ladder, but "refinement" may not equal better sound.

edit: the Orange 6922 is cheaper/less desirable because it's made in the 70's, and tests much lower than the 7308. The 7308 tests very well... 13,400/13,500 is great considering the spec is 12,500/12,500. I personally find the 70's tubes sound fine... but people desire the white label 60's tubes.

E88CC is actually the legs and/or triode configuration. It's like 6DJ8, 6922, etc, which are all interchangeable.

So the genalex gold lion is E88CC, but E88CC is not limited to genalex gold lion only. Here are some other E88CC:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TELEFUNKEN-E88CC-ECC88-CCa-6DJ8-6922-ULM-GERMANY-1968-GOLD-PIN-SINGLE-TUBE-/361213129224?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5419faf208

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Matched-Pair-E88CC-CCa-Valvo-RED-GREY-SHIELDS-NOS-same-codes-7896-/321761556097?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item4aea7bb681

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VERY-STRONG-PAIR-SIEMENS-2-x-E88CC-Vintage-Double-Triode-Tubes-Gold-Pin-/251640144122?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a96ebe0fa

About the codes, I asked in T1's thread in headfi, got this answer: 

Thanks, so in your opinion did moving up the spectrum from the default tube make a big difference? More detail doesn't always mean better, is what was said, so how do you know which tube is better than another?

Thanks, so in your opinion did moving up the spectrum from the default tube make a big difference? More detail doesn't always mean better, is what was said, so how do you know which tube is better than another?

Honestly, no way of knowing other than auditioning them.

The stock tube was the worst of what I've tried. Genalex is okay, but the mid is rather strong, which is not what I like (preference). Voskhod is the one I like most out of the 3. I'm still looking for others, but buying $30+ tubes from ebay kinda scares me. Not about being scammed, but about the shipment. Tubes could chip and break on its journey. I got a chipped voskhod, but it's a $10 tube anyway, so I just move on. 

Ask lays if you live near him. He knows a tube brick and mortar shop near him.