"Oculus VR Live Event" Thread. Oculus Touch, Microsoft, Games and More!

so am I going to have to break off the shitty headphones to use mine? if so not buying this.

No, they're removable

Yeah, right guys? Guys?

They mentioned insomniacs Sunset Overdrive (30) forza 5(60), and halo 5(60)

If they drop head tracking in So, and just use it as a 3d display it would be fine, or maybe they will use some motion doubling tech like Sony is planning to get 120hz on project Morpheus.

From how I understand it there won't be real game support it will literally be just a virtual room in which you play the game in.

There is no other way for it to run anyways Sunset Overdrive as an example runs 900p/30fps there is no way they could get it to 90fps and high res without completely remodeling the entire game.

RTX2070OC 

From how I understand it there won't be real game support it will literally be just a virtual room in which you play the game in.

There is no other way for it to run anyways Sunset Overdrive as an example runs 900p/30fps there is no way they could get it to 90fps and high res without completely remodeling the entire game.

Well what i expect with SO is that it will run at 900 30 with headtracking off, just running as a head mounted display

They sure as hell won't be running natively at higher res or framerate, but the motion doubling should work fine with 60FPS games.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

They mentioned insomniacs Sunset Overdrive (30) forza 5(60), and halo 5(60)

If they drop head tracking in So, and just use it as a 3d display it would be fine, or maybe they will use some motion doubling tech like Sony is planning to get 120hz on project Morpheus.

As a normal 3D display it should work, but removing head tracking, sounds like a dumb move, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

odd i doubt its a custom panel since the VIVE has the exact same (odd) resolution

i wonder if its RGB and not pentile

i really really hope that oculus wont be the new nvidia and pressure devs to making games "only" for oculus since porting the game to vive is relatively simple (ignoring inputs) since its pretty much a click away in UE4 and unity AFAIK

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Well what i expect with SO is that it will run at 900 30 with headtracking off, just running as a head mounted display

They sure as hell won't be running natively at higher res or framerate, but the motion doubling should work fine with 60FPS games.

After a bit more searching I've found tons of info saying it won't run on XboxOne at all.

The virtual room will run on a Windows 10 PC and the XboxOne streams the game like a video into the the 3D room that is getting rendered by your PC.

So you'll basically need an Oculus Rift, very fast stable internet, a fast PC that can push 1200p/90fps, and an XboxOne for a feature that barely anyone would use anyway.

The whole partnership with MS was a bad move as the feature is so niche nobody will use it and because they bundle XboxOne controllers with the Rift no dev will develop games for the Half Moon controller.

RTX2070OC 

After a bit more searching I've found tons of info saying it won't run on XboxOne at all.

The virtual room will run on a Windows 10 PC and the XboxOne streams the game like a video into the the 3D room that is getting rendered by your PC.

So you'll basically need a Oculus Rift, very fast stable internet, a fast PC that can push 1200p/90fps, and an XboxOne for a feature that barely anyone would use anyway.

Yeah its actually linked earlier in the thread, i probably should have pointed out that i was wrong.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

i really really hope that oculus wont be the new nvidia and pressure devs to making games "only" for oculus since porting the game to vive is relatively simple (ignoring inputs) since its pretty much a click away in UE4 and unity AFAIK

As far as I know there are some "Rift Exclusive" games, Like Eve Valkyrie and Edge of Nowhere.

I can understand them being timed exclusives, Oculus has evidently funded them in some way, and been in the development a lot, so them being able to use that for marketing their Device makes sense to me.

If they are going to remain exclusive permanently, I'm not so sure.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

Microsoft on the topic:

;)

Couldn't they just put the game in my face instead of "in a room" ? Like the screen seems so far away for no reason... 

As far as I know there are some "Rift Exclusive" games, Like Eve Valkyrie and Edge of Nowhere.

I can understand them being timed exclusives, Oculus has evidently funded them in some way, and been in the development a lot, so them being able to use that for marketing their Device makes sense to me.

If they are going to remain exclusive permanently, I'm not so sure.

im 100% fine with time exclusive though im sure they both understand that for VR to survive they need to help each other

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Couldn't they just put the game in my face instead of "in a room" ? Like the screen seems fo far away for no reason... 

the low fps would might cause nausea and stretching a 900p game would make it look ugly

the low fps would might cause nausea and stretching a 900p game would make it look ugly

Guess you're right and it's probably bigger than it seems when you got the thing strapped on your head... It's not like I got a XboxOne to begin with :)

Does the Rift can be use to play non-Rift games on PC ? Like a big ass screen ? Or to watch movies ? Can see myself doing that if the girlfriend is using the TV... 

Guess you're right and it's probably bigger than it seems when you got the thing strapped on your head... It's not like I got a XboxOne to begin with :)

Does the Rift can be use to play non-Rift games on PC ? Like a big ass screen ? Or to watch movies ? Can see myself doing that if the girlfriend is using the TV... 

Yes it can, either for like a VRCinema app, does what it says on the tin. Big screen to play your movies in a fake cinema (or on the moon or weird other enviroments). Think the resolution is somewhat near DVD quality, not 1080p. That said, I'm excited for it anyways, as there is plenty of old stuff I watch where the size will be nice or for stuff where the resolution is less of a deal to me.

Then there is stuff like VirtualDesktop, which is more like a huge floating screen that can be used as a normal desktop monitor, for games, browsing etcetc. Not used it so can't comment on resolution, ease of text reading etc, but it seems nice. Can see it being nice for certain games to just have it nice and big, but obviously both of these uses are fairly small uses of VR and aren't really using VR to its full potential. The best VR games will be games made for VR.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4