Does anybody use the VPN Private Internet Access?

TopWargamer

Looking into getting a VPN and Private Internet Access came my way from a friend. Looking around the Internet, it seems like PIA is pretty good, but I'd like to hear what actual users of PIA have to say. 

So if you use PIA, how do you like it? Is anything in particular that I should know?

COMIC SANS

I used it for abit and it was very good. I have another friend that swears by it.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I've never used them, but have a friend that does. He said that the speeds are fine. Just be aware that PIA is a US company. Depending on why you want a VPN, that could be a real deal breaker.

I've never used them, but have a friend that does. He said that the speeds are fine. Just be aware that PIA is a US company. Depending on why you want a VPN, that could be a real deal breaker.

What's wrong with it being US based?

COMIC SANS

What's wrong with it being US based?

Well depending on why you want one, nothing. If you want one to try to prevent something like the NSA from peeking at what you are doing, or if you are trying to cover up illegal activity, a US based company might be an issue. Obviously I don't condone this, but the truth is a lot of people use VPNs for this purpose. However, if you are looking for away to be secure on hotspots and other things of that nature, it doesn't matter where the company is based.

I use the opera supplied vpn on my phone when I am without good reception since it compresses the data most popular apps send and makes them load faster. vpn's are nice when you want some more security and or help you circumvent blocks and or data throttling at say work or your local coffee shop.

I've used PIA, and it is excellent. 

you should use VPN only when you want to access contents blocked in your region

if you simply want to hide your identity, I personally think the VPN hosting companies are much less trustworthy than ISPs

Well I have an Asus router AC68U and it has a feature to set up my own personal VPN

Looking into getting a VPN and Private Internet Access came my way from a friend. Looking around the Internet, it seems like PIA is pretty good, but I'd like to hear what actual users of PIA have to say. 

So if you use PIA, how do you like it? Is anything in particular that I should know?

Its great. Despite being located in the us (which does not actually have any data retention laws)They do not log anything, and so even if they are court mandated to provide information, they have none to give. 

Independent review of a variety of providers by TorrentFreak:

http://torrentfreak.com/anonymous-vpn-service-provider-review-2015-150228/

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200