Assassin [G1 Assassin - 4.5Ghz 990X - SLI GTX 680 Lightnings] - PIC HEAVY

StreekG

Hi guys,

Figured i'd post up what my rig started out to be, in July 2011, and what it's become up til today, i have more plans still :)

Initial Build specs

G1 Assassin - Intel 990X - 12GB Dominator GT 2000 - Gigabyte GTX 580 Super Overclock - Intel 510 SSD 120gb + 1TB WD Black - Tacky ThermalTake keyboard + ThermalTake 1350W PSU - Viewsonic 23.6" Monitor - RAT 7 mouse

First pics after the build, i sprayed the ram sinks black, and used my soldering skills to mod the front fan to green

AssassinRig5.jpg

CompDesk.jpg

Greenmegaflow.jpg

It was after the first week i decided the stock CPU cooler needed to go, i also invested in a cable extension for CPU power

SL370765.jpg

SL370773.jpg

Cables were still a mess, but i changed the Thermaltake because i wanted a fully modular supply, and got the AX1200

Assassinblackcables.jpg

However i got a bad unit and RMA'd it due to coil whine, only to get another one with the same problem. I returned it, got credit and got a better power supply. Seasonic, along with some cable extensions.

AssassinwithSeasonic.jpg

My next purchase a while later was a new keyboard, and some key caps :)

DasKeyboardSpeil.jpg

Followed by a new desk :)

AssassinDesktop.jpg

Shortly after realising how bad Logitech were, new sound system followed.

Yes thats a dirty big 10" sub under the desk, courtesy of Polk Audio. Speakers are Swans

AssassinOverkill.jpg

Things were slow from then on and i did little things.

Sneaky extra fan

Noctuainbay.jpg

Extra mouse :) Around this time was new camera incase you didn't notice the increase of picture quality :)

TheSensei.jpg

Later in 2012 i bought a 120hz Monitor readying myself for Diablo 3

BenQXL2410T.jpg

In July 2012 some time i finally bought new fans, 2 new fans for the top, and one replacement rear exhaust. Note, i had to modify coolermaster fans as they don't come in green.

Newfans.jpg

Solderstation.jpg

Litup2.jpg

Litup.jpg

Cougar mod.

CougarBefore.jpg

CougarAfter.jpg

Casewithcougar.jpg

Just a couple of shots after some tidying up and compressed air

Tableshot.jpg

Tableshot2.jpg

It was after this i sold an investment property and decided i needed to reward myself for hanging onto a disaster for 3 years and hating life.

So i got these

IMG_1020-1.jpg

and this

D1DAC_zps5f4018aa.jpg

SLI680_zps90e6b843.jpg

SLI6802_zpsa81f3dfc.jpg

This is what factory applied TIM looked like on my GTX 680s... Replaced with mx-4

BadThermalGrease.jpg

Nice shiny GK

ShinyGK.jpg

I also took the liberty of respraying the GPU reactor covers to black as the blue light ruins my black and green theme, now to somehow fix up the blue LEDS on the PCB.

LightningBlackReactor.jpg

SLILightningBlackReactors.jpg

And approaching the end of the build, getting my new memory, 16gb of dominator platinum and new CPU cooler.

Platinums.jpg

Installing the 4 in triple-channel mode looks kinda wierd.

Platinum.jpg

So i removed the light bar off the first :) Deception :)

Platinum2.jpg

Platinum4-1.jpg

Platinum3.jpg

I decided to try a H100 + a pair of Scythe Gentle Typhoons. I could've gone a push/pull arrangement but i think the space would be really tight so i have the top 200mm fans in there normal place. But i'm not changing them out for 120mm fans as i modded the top fans for green LEDS.

All in all it is a good experience so far. I thought cooling would be better, but I don't think this or any air cooler was supposed to keep my rig cool with 1.456V and 4.68 GHz with HT on.

So i lowered my OC to 4.53 with HT on and ram running at 2133. The difference in benchmark scores are questionable, so i am happy to keep her at 4.53 now as it means the core voltage doesn't go over 1.375V

H1001.jpg

H1002.jpg

H1003.jpg

Last but not least, 2013 so far has started off with a bang... well not really but i wrapped my Das Keyboard in CF vinyl

WP_20130126_016.jpg

WP_20130127_018.jpg

Comparing this rig now, to what i started out with, i am quite proud of what i've done so far :)

She looks 200% better and the H100 makes it look a lot more neat and tidy :)

I hope you all enjoyed having a read of the thread, i am thinking of maybe upgrading to X79 some time, but the G1 Assassin 2 looks ugly! Need more black and green themed enthusiast boards.

Soon i will rid the computer of cable extensions as the back of the case is a mess! Going to get custom cables made up so there is no extensions taking up space.

Thanks guys :)

I wasn't sure about the extra PCB just because i was overclocking these cards, either way it's done now :)

You did a great job with this one man! I love it when someone uploads a ton of pics to go along with their specs.

Awesome rig dude, love how the green shines out of the sides, so super cool!

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

WOW awesome, dude!!!

I scrolled all the way up, then all the way to the bottom. Looks like another PC! amazing.

love it.

AX1200 with coil whine you say? hopefully doesn't occurs with my 850 (don't have it yet)

love the keyboard mod too!

Drool ! Just fantastic.

PC 1: CPU: i5 12600k     GPU: RTX 4080     MOTHERBOARD: Asus B650M-A D4       RAM: 16x4 DDR4 3200       POWERSUPPLY: EVGA 650 G6  

SSD: WD Black gen 4 x2 + Crucial MX 500 x2           

KEYBOARD: Keychron K4    MOUSE: Logitech G502 SE Hero   MOUSE PAD: Goliathus control XL   MONITOR: Alienware AW3423DW + LG 25UM58 + Dell 24"  Speakers: Edifier R1280T + SVS PB1000

Laptop: M1 MacBook Pro 16                     

Thanks guys, i figured people would like to see everything i've done so far, not just the final product as it is now. :)

du bist doch deutscher oder ? :D

und hol dir doch vielleicht grüne alchemy kabel von bitfenix. könnte auch schön aussehen. schwarz passt aber auch schon sehr gut.

awesome build man!!! :) i also like the das keyboard mod :) where did you get the carbon fiber and what size?

awesome build man!!! :) i also like the das keyboard mod :) where did you get the carbon fiber and what size?
where did you buy the key caps and are there any other color options?

I. Am. So. Jealous. Right. Now.

Hahah great job man.

The carbon on the keyboard was my favourite! :)

where does everyone buy this carbon fiber vinyl? I've been wanting to wrap some things but i dont want to buy the wrong type.

I. Am. Speechless. But seriously where do you live so I can come steal this? Until you got those 2 680's I was thinking holy psu overkill batman! But I guess now its justified!

[9:01:47 PM] Slick: And the award for life time acheivement in the field of "maker of the least amount of sense" goes to Kilmer.

Hungarian. :)

Hungarian :D

I was going to complain about stuff looking bad and the PSU being overkill but as I scrolled trough all of my complaints were gone. The rig looks awesome with the extensions and the 680 hawk's. Cable management got better and better and the green lighting really suits it, looks good. Also lovin' the carbon fiber wrapped Das K with the green caps, the sound system looks baller, the desk is looking good and that Mercedes mug is awesome.

Basically love everything about it.