Gaming Headset vs Headset + Mic Conclusion

Zackfoo

Took the advice of fellow smart and clever forum members to get a headphone and a separated mic( no money for mod mic as shipping it will cost almost 50% of the mod mic price).

But i still went to local it store to try out every single gaming headset on display and some of the proper headset from famous brand at same price point.

Gaming headset is just not as good, the difference is quite huge like normal people with normal ears can tell the giantnormous difference between them.

Compared m30x from audio technica which is about 69 dollar with steelseries v3 prism, razer kraken pro, hyperx cloud 2, logitech (dunno the specific name), armagedon(no one wil remembers the name), chroma 7.1, and last but not least the everyone's favorite, hyper x cloud (not 2 and i dunno why people loves it).

m30x completely recks every single one of them, no one come even close to this at that price point. i know there are better and more high end gaming headset like cm storm sonuz but the price point are so high they should be compared to m50x and clear winner is obvious too.

So guys, don't get a gaming headset, i love the rgb lighting too but frankly speaking, you won't be looking at it most of the time, so save yourself a few bucks and get the better quality headset that treats your ear better. If you live at area which mod mic can be obtain at lower price point, get it, the reviews are 4-5 stars from respective reviewers, if not, went deeper into this forum site to search which mic is good too i have no idea about mic cause i seldom use them.

I almost bought a gaming headset which i will regret very soon and i hope i gives you an idea why you should and should not. I'm sure there are advantages about gaming headset but from sounds quality point of view, they are just not there yet.

Forgive me for my grammar errors as i don't even know whether i have or not after reading my post the 2nd time.

Regards.

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

I got a normal pair of headphones then a decent mic.

I bought scissor arm for the mic and attached it to my chair where the arm rest screws into the bottom seat.  It works great because then I can have the chair leanback/rotate and the mic will always stay right at my mouth.  only down side is you either have to remove the arm when done, or at least the wire.  Unless your chair is just right where you wont yank it out of the computer/mic and the scissor arm wont be in your way when not in use.

AD series have all you need, comfort, clarity, open, light, angled drivers and good frequency response.

m50s are not flat at all, and i would not consider them gaming.

I got a normal pair of headphones then a decent mic.

I bought scissor arm for the mic and attached it to my chair where the arm rest screws into the bottom seat.  It works great because then I can have the chair leanback/rotate and the mic will always stay right at my mouth.  only down side is you either have to remove the arm when done, or at least the wire.  Unless your chair is just right where you wont yank it out of the computer/mic and the scissor arm wont be in your way when not in use.

that is pretty freaking smart omg why didnt i think of that.

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

AD series have all you need, comfort, clarity, open, light, angled drivers and good frequency response.

that price point is really high in my country tho.

m50x is one of the most flat at that price point tho as it is a monitoring headphone. Or maybe we talking about different flat. But from the range of sound from low to high end they are almost a straight line tho.

http://graphs.headphone.com/graphCompare.php?graphType=0&graphID%5B%5D=4313&graphID%5B%5D=2941&scale=30

that is pretty freaking smart omg why didnt i think of that.

I end up just detaching the mic and putting it back in the box (I'm a tad over cautious with my stuff) and the scissor arm just sits beside my desk, takes about 1 minute for set up/tear down, but completely worth it in my opinion.

I end up just detaching the mic and putting it back in the box (I'm a tad over cautious with my stuff) and the scissor arm just sits beside my desk, takes about 1 minute for set up/tear down, but completely worth it in my opinion.

will definitely consider when i have a nice mic! thx m8!

You shouldn't judge headphones on frequency response, I've seen turtle beaches with the same "frequency response" also m50's are indeed flat monitor headphones so not sure what your talking about there.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

You shouldn't judge headphones on frequency response, I've seen turtle beaches with the same "frequency response" also m50's are indeed flat monitor headphones so not sure what your talking about there.

i dont look at box frequency r. measurments

they have alot of bass and treble

i dont look at box frequency r. measurments

they have alot of bass and treble

errrrr no..

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

thats why people like them

eb6.jpg?1307463786

One of the best bang for the buck monitoring headphone is criticise for not being flat. My god.