Downgrade windows 8.1 to 7

White
Go to solution Solved by dalekphalm,

Win 8 pro has downgrade rights to win 7, but otherwise I don't think there is a way.

Downgrade right? Expand please, the win7 disc says thats not possible.

"Downgrade rights" are 100% inapplicable in this situation. Essentially, "Downgrade rights" means that when you buy a computer licensed to run Windows 8.1, you have the right to use that license to run Windows 7 instead.

However, that only applies when you have a valid Windows 8.1 license, and also generally only applies to OEM pre-built PC's.

Unfortunately, @White, there is no way to "downgrade install" your Windows 8.1 OS into Windows 7, while keeping all programs, files, etc.

You're going to have to perform a full format and clean install. Make sure to back up all important files (But you're running a regular backup like a good Techie already, aren't you? ;) haha). You'll have to reinstall all your programs afterwards, so make sure you know the license keys for any programs that need them.

Can I somehow mod the windows upgrade function to make It go down without loosing all of my Programs and such?

Its not a thing no just get start8

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Just wait a month for Windows 10

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

no reason to do that.

get a start menu and the ui will be excactly the same

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day . Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.”

My version of win8 is unlicensed (sorry Bill) and i have a win7 key, i want to then jump to licensed win10

My version of win8 is unlicensed (sorry Bill) and i have a win7 key, i want to then jump to licensed win10

Win 8 pro has downgrade rights to win 7, but otherwise I don't think there is a way.

Desktop 1: CPU: Intel Core i7 4770  GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 Ram: Crucial DDR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB and Segate 1TB Hard drive  Desktop 2: CPU: Intel Pentium G3258  GPU: AMD R7 250  Ram: Corsair Vengance DRR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Mobo: MSI H81M-E33  PSU: Corsair CX430M  Case: Rosewill MicroAtx Mini Tower

Backup all you need on a Flash drive and install a clean copy of Windows 7

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

"Downgrade rights" are 100% inapplicable in this situation. Essentially, "Downgrade rights" means that when you buy a computer licensed to run Windows 8.1, you have the right to use that license to run Windows 7 instead.

However, that only applies when you have a valid Windows 8.1 license, and also generally only applies to OEM pre-built PC's.

Unfortunately, @White, there is no way to "downgrade install" your Windows 8.1 OS into Windows 7, while keeping all programs, files, etc.

You're going to have to perform a full format and clean install. Make sure to back up all important files (But you're running a regular backup like a good Techie already, aren't you? ;) haha). You'll have to reinstall all your programs afterwards, so make sure you know the license keys for any programs that need them.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I hoped i didn't have to do this but thanks anyway.