Entry-level dslr

Hey guys,

Do you know an entry-leven dslr for around 500€ .

Nikon or Canon

And i live in the netherlands

please also say why.

THNX GUYS

Hey guys,

Nikon or Canon

please also say why.

THNX GUYS

IMO

Nikon D3200/D3300 or 5200/5300 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Hey guys,

Nikon or Canon

please also say why.

THNX GUYS

What's your experience in photography? How are you going to use it?  

Are you sure you want a DSLR? You can get the same quality in a much smaller and easier to use format. DSLR's are really bulky and most don't have wifi to upload it through your phone. It's just i've seen a lot of people who think "Oh i'm going to get a DSLR because awesome quality, everyone will like my photos" then proceed to always leave it at home because its 1) Too dam bulky, 2) Too heavy 3) Can't upload to social media fast enough 

What's your experience in photography? How are you going to use it?  

Are you sure you want a DSLR? You can get the same quality in a much smaller and easier to use format. DSLR's are really bulky and most don't have wifi to upload it through your phone. It's just i've seen a lot of people who think "Oh i'm going to get a DSLR because awesome quality, everyone will like my photos" then proceed to always leave it at home because its 1) Too dam bulky, 2) Too heavy 3) Can't upload to social media fast enough 

what kind of camera shoud i get then 

what kind of camera shoud i get then 

Depends what you're using it for.

-If you still want DSLR quality then a Sony a6000 is a great choice.

-If you want something a little more stylish and compact but still has interchangeable lenses something like a Olympus M4/3 camera is cool.

-If you want a super compact pocket (jacket pocket or purse) camera something like a Sony RX100 Mk2/3 or a Panasonic LX100.

-If you want a great vacation camera I'd recommend getting a Sony RX10 or a Panasonic FZ1000 + a GoPro if you can fit it in budget. 

-If you want something idiot proof  and super portable a high end smartphones can actually take great photos. Combine with a lens kit and you can have tons of fun. 

-If you want to turn photography something more than a hobby I'd recommend going DSLR.  

Just remember "The best camera is the one you have on you." Find what you're willing to take and use it. At the end of the day, for people who shoot for fun/hobby it's the people in the picture, the atmosphere, and the memories that make the image.

From my experience I have Full Frame DSLR + 2.8 glass, but when I go out and shoot for myself or hang out with buddies I leave it all behind and pick up a small point and shoot. It's just easier to go out have fun and snap a few quick pictures. I try not to be be that dick who's carrying a full bag of lenses and always stopping the group to take a perfect photo. 

• 4 weeks later...

Depends what you're using it for.

-If you still want DSLR quality then a Sony a6000 is a great choice.

-If you want something a little more stylish and compact but still has interchangeable lenses something like a Olympus M4/3 camera is cool.

-If you want a super compact pocket (jacket pocket or purse) camera something like a Sony RX100 Mk2/3 or a Panasonic LX100.

-If you want a great vacation camera I'd recommend getting a Sony RX10 or a Panasonic FZ1000 + a GoPro if you can fit it in budget. 

-If you want something idiot proof  and super portable a high end smartphones can actually take great photos. Combine with a lens kit and you can have tons of fun. 

-If you want to turn photography something more than a hobby I'd recommend going DSLR.  

Just remember "The best camera is the one you have on you." Find what you're willing to take and use it. At the end of the day, for people who shoot for fun/hobby it's the people in the picture, the atmosphere, and the memories that make the image.

From my experience I have Full Frame DSLR + 2.8 glass, but when I go out and shoot for myself or hang out with buddies I leave it all behind and pick up a small point and shoot. It's just easier to go out have fun and snap a few quick pictures. I try not to be be that dick who's carrying a full bag of lenses and always stopping the group to take a perfect photo. 

Awesome answer!

I would just add that if you decide for a DSLR after reading the post from "Dw136" , go with the Nikon D3200 and buy yourself a nice fixed focal length 50mm or 30mm f1.8 aka "plastic fantastic" and you will be very happy. Recommending this because I have hands on experience.

XEON 1230 v2 / AMD R9 280x / 8GB DDR3 / Adata XPG SX900 256GB SSD / Corsair 300R Side Window / Corsair CX500M / Corsair M65 Green