ASUS Strix GTX 980 Ti

Hey guys! I'm sure I'm not he only one who's exited for the 980 Ti. But mostly, the Strix edition. I currently have a single GTX 970 Strix, and I'm considering upgrading eventually to the mew 980. After I upgraded from an EVGA card to an ASUS Strix card, I couldn't go back because it's so quiet and smooth. If any of you know ANYTHING about the release date, please let me know. Besides that, what are your guys' opinions on the 980 Ti and/or the Strix edition? :) -Jordan

Black and green build, I call it "Murphy". - CPU: Intel i5 4690k at 3.5 GHz - GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X SOC Force - RAM: 8GB 1866 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro (gold) - PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 B2 - Storage: 240GB Corsair Force LE SSD & 1TB Western Digital Black HDD - Case: Corsair Carbide 300r - Lighting: 2 green Logisys LED sticks (currently removed)

Well honestly the 970 (As far as Maxwell has gone) is the card to beat in SLI so i wouldnt exactly go for a 980 TI when theres another 970 available. The strix 980 ti tough looks really frosty and should yeld great overclocking results with its new interface.

Groomlake Authority

Why do you need upgrade, what is your res?

Quote my post if you need me to respond.

i bought 2 as soon a they went on sell, i think i'm a little excited too

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Well honestly the 970 (As far as Maxwell has gone) is the card to beat in SLI so i wouldnt exactly go for a 980 TI when theres another 970 available. The strix 980 ti tough looks really frosty and should yeld great overclocking results with its new interface.

Yeah, but I'd rather go for a single larger card rather than an SLI bridge for 2 970s. It will operate about the same either way, and a single card is much smoother and simpler. It's also cheaper to water cool. (Don't have a water cooler yet, but I'm going to get an AIO because I'm lazy.)

Black and green build, I call it "Murphy". - CPU: Intel i5 4690k at 3.5 GHz - GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X SOC Force - RAM: 8GB 1866 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro (gold) - PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 B2 - Storage: 240GB Corsair Force LE SSD & 1TB Western Digital Black HDD - Case: Corsair Carbide 300r - Lighting: 2 green Logisys LED sticks (currently removed)

i bought 2 as soon a they went on sell, i think i'm a little excited too

They're already on sale?! Where do I buy one? :0 lol

Why do you need upgrade, what is your res?

I don't *need* an upgrade... But I want to eventually get 3 4k monitors. It will be a little framey on a 970.

xD maybe he meant hell bought 2 as soon as they go on sale and therefore he claims to be a little excited.

Groomlake Authority

the 980 ti are on sale and some aftermarket but idk about the strix 

xD maybe he meant hell bought 2 as soon as they go on sale and therefore he claims to be a little excited.

i bought the reference ones(for WB compatibility)

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

I don't *need* an upgrade... But I want to eventually get 3 4k monitors. It will be a little framey on a 970.

There is no current graphics solution that can support that.

Wait till you have enough money to buy the monitors and graphics solution. Because by the time you want to upgrade, a new card will dethrone the 980ti.

A single 980ti COULD NOT support that imo.

Quote my post if you need me to respond.

• 4 weeks later...

I am also interested in the Asus Strix III 980 Ti as it would go with my Black and Red build I currently have.  I have a Gigabyte G1 Gaming 970, the blue LED sticks out like a sore thumb xD, in there already and it works fine for the latest at Ultra on a 1440p monitor @ 60Hz, but.... I am going to be upgrading to a Ultrawide 1440p monitor soon like the LG 34UC87M-B and I need some extra horsepower.