Just used IBT - what are my temps like?

Decided to not use Intel Extreme Tuning Utility, as when OC'd I was only getting 50C~ compared to the 65C~ AIDA gave and the 85C (no idea why) that p95 gave.

I've been recommended to use Intel BurnTest, but I can't find any articles regarding what kind of temps people get on 4670k. People on the 2600k are getting 50-60C on maximum, which worries me.

Here's what I get - no OC for now, just want to get used to the program and then I'll start experimenting with my OC. Removed my OC temporarily as it was stable in Intel XTU and Aida64, but crashed in GTA5.

http://gyazo.com/a9daa2d43dac7778d7407393bfcc4eba

Temps/IBT settings are above. What do you guys think?

"The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be."

CPU: Intel i5 4690K - Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Ranger - RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP - 2x4GB @ 1866Mhz - GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 4GB - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 CPU Cooler - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD- Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed (with Red AKASA Led Strips) - Display: Benq GL2460HM 24" Monitor

@Tazman192

Don't use P95 on Haswell.  It raises voltage and is unrealistic.  Ivy Bridge, Sandy Bridge and P95? Sure, best thing to test with.  Haswell?  Avoid P95 at all costs.  Also what kind of OC is that?  Temps are low so I'm guessing not much of an OC :)

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

The Haswell CPUs (not Haswell _refresh_) used poor thermal paste(? not sure what to call it.) so they run relatively hot. Those temps are fine, though?

@Tazman192

Don't use P95 on Haswell.  It raises voltage and is unrealistic.  Ivy Bridge, Sandy Bridge and P95? Sure, best thing to test with.  Haswell?  Avoid P95 at all costs.  Also what kind of OC is that?  Temps are low so I'm guessing not much of an OC :)

No OC at all - standard settings. What would you recommend to stress test Haswell with?

The Haswell CPUs (not Haswell _refresh_) used poor thermal paste(? not sure what to call it.) so they run relatively hot. Those temps are fine, though?

Really 82C with no OC is normal? Even with a Dark rock pro 3. Damn. TIM's the word you're looking for btw :P

CPU: Intel i5 4690K - Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Ranger - RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP - 2x4GB @ 1866Mhz - GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 4GB - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 CPU Cooler - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD- Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed (with Red AKASA Led Strips) - Display: Benq GL2460HM 24" Monitor

No OC at all - standard settings.

Really 82C with no OC is normal? Even with a Dark rock pro 3. Damn.

You mentioned you OCd in your very first sentence, of course we are gonna compare those temps with OC'd temps but now you said you didn't OC so... And like I said, P95 should NOT be used on Haswell chips.

No OC at all - standard settings.

Really 82C with no OC is normal? Even with a Dark rock pro 3. Damn. TIM's the word you're looking for btw :P

Wait. With no OC? Yeah, those are pretty high. My 4690k on stock while stressed maxes just shy of 60.

You mentioned you OCd in your very first sentence, of course we are gonna compare those temps with OC'd temps but now you said you didn't OC so... And like I said, P95 should NOT be used on Haswell chips.

Wait. With no OC? Yeah, those are pretty high. My 4690k on stock while stressed maxes just shy of 60.

I said I OC'd but I removed it because of stability issues with GTA 5. Sorry if I wasn't clear. What do you use to stresstest @Jade ? These temps truly worry me.

I said I OC'd but I removed it because of stability issues with GTA 5. Sorry if I wasn't clear. What do you use to stresstest @Jade ? These temps truly worry me.

AIDA is good enough and OC slowly.  Don't whack it up to some random high frequency and test.

AIDA is good enough and OC slowly.  Don't whack it up to some random high frequency and test.

AIDA64 gives me around 60C. And regarding your previous post - I only used p95 for about 30s to compare to IBT. Its IBT which reports the high temps.

This is right, but it's what I did. rip.

AIDA64/Intel Burn Test/Intel Extreme Tuning Utility

This is right, but it's what I did. rip.

AIDA64/Intel Burn Test/Intel Extreme Tuning Utility

And you get 60C~ using IBT? As I said I get 50-60 using AIDA65 and Intel XTU, but 80~ max using IBT. The fuck?

And you get 60C~ using IBT? As I said I get 50-60 using AIDA65 and Intel XTU, but 80~ max using IBT. The fuck?

Can't recall on IBT. I almost always use AIDA when I check. I'll do it when I'm home if you really want me to. Also note I'm talking about stock speeds for the 60.

Can't recall on IBT. I almost always use AIDA when I check. I'll do it when I'm home if you really want me to. Also note I'm talking about stock speeds for the 60.

I'm also on stock speeds, no OC. I'd appreciate if you could check just for a sanity check. I already remounted this cooler once a few months ago and it wasn't pleasant. The DRP 3 is a son of a bitch to mount (just look at Linus' video lol..)

Use your computer normally and see what the temps are. Those tools create really high loads that may not be realistic for your usage. 

Use your computer normally and see what the temps are. Those tools create really high loads that may not be realistic for your usage. 

Normally, they seem reasonable to me, but then again I don't know what "reasonable" is.

Here's what AIDA64 gives me versus IBT, FWIW:

http://gyazo.com/3abea52ae0f6a798424d82a62a4a2473

ZHWs.png

o4jF.png

rM9t.jpg

Is this without an OC right? Would help if i took a good look at your Core Temp window.

I'm getting similar with XTU/AIDA64 with no OC, but atm testing it with a 4.4ghz clock and getting ~72 on AIDA. IBT still gives ridiculous temps for whatever reason I don't know (I am running it on maximum and standard makes no difference atleast for me).

What do you think about the above temps?

http://gyazo.com/2f26150d34a2ca8e69cfd842f3b350c3

Thats my temps during a stress test with AIDA @ 4.4ghz, 1.252V, CPU, FPU, Cache being stressed.

Is this without an OC right? Would help if i took a good look at your Core Temp window.

I'm getting similar with XTU/AIDA64 with no OC, but atm testing it with a 4.4ghz clock and getting ~72 on AIDA. IBT still gives ridiculous temps for whatever reason I don't know (I am running it on maximum and standard makes no difference atleast for me).

What do you think about the above temps?

http://gyazo.com/2f26150d34a2ca8e69cfd842f3b350c3

Thats my temps during a stress test with AIDA @ 4.4ghz, 1.252V, CPU, FPU, Cache being stressed.

Those temps look fine to me. And yeah, my temps are at stock using a 212 Evo & its stock fan (so nothing spectacular.) If you encounter any issues with instability, tone down the overclock and you should be fine. :)

Those temps look fine to me. And yeah, my temps are at stock using a 212 Evo & its stock fan (so nothing spectacular.) If you encounter any issues with instability, tone down the overclock and you should be fine. :)

Thanks for the relief. Still confused why my IBT gives crazy temps (thinking older versions stress test differently like prime95). I had an instability at 1.25v but seems stable at 1.252 so far, however it's only been 15 minutes so hard to tell. So my temps are okay even given the cooler I have?

Wondering if the difference in IBT temps could lie within 4670k vs 4690k's supposedly improved TIM.

Thanks for the relief. Still confused why my IBT gives crazy temps (thinking older versions stress test differently like prime95). I had an instability at 1.25v but seems stable at 1.252 so far, however it's only been 15 minutes so hard to tell. So my temps are okay even given the cooler I have?

Wondering if the difference in IBT temps could lie within 4670k vs 4690k's supposedly improved TIM.

I'd expect a bit lower, but I've never owned a high end cooler like that. Temps are totally fine regardless of cooler.

I'd expect a bit lower, but I've never owned a high end cooler like that. Temps are totally fine regardless of cooler.

Yeah so would I in all honesty. My room is fairly hot at this time since my fan is broken and windows are closed cause moths and other shit.... Would play a factor. Sorry to bother the shit out of you, but if you have any experience with OC'ing, would you recommend I stick to a manual voltage or change it to adaptive once I've found stability?

Yeah so would I in all honesty. My room is fairly hot at this time since my fan is broken and windows are closed cause moths and other shit.... Would play a factor. Sorry to bother the shit out of you, but if you have any experience with OC'ing, would you recommend I stick to a manual voltage or change it to adaptive once I've found stability?

I kept/keep it on manual at the voltage I find that works. Dunno if that's bad practice, but it's not bad as long as you aren't running the CPU too hot.  (90+C)

I kept/keep it on manual at the voltage I find that works. Dunno if that's bad practice, but it's not bad as long as you aren't running the CPU too hot.  (90+C)

Okay, thanks for all the help. Really appreciated. I hope I've found stability, or close enough to it, only time will tell. I think I'll keep it on manual, alot of OC guides suggest this but Linus' OC guide is the only one that says use adaptive from what I've seen.

Thanks once again.

Okay, thanks for all the help. Really appreciated. I hope I've found stability, or close enough to it, only time will tell. I think I'll keep it on manual, alot of OC guides suggest this but Linus' OC guide is the only one that says use adaptive from what I've seen.

Thanks once again.

Linus knows better than I do. But yeah, no problem. Best of luck with the OC. :)

Linus knows better than I do. But yeah, no problem. Best of luck with the OC. :)

Another quick question, sorry.

Doesn't seem like I can see from your screenshot, what settings do you use for AIDA64? Do you stress FPU aswell

Cheers.